Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

star-pants

Dimensions Tree Skirt - 'The Best Gifts'

Post by star-pants »

Hi there,

I am looking (on behalf of my mother) for this chart/kit:

Dimensions 'The Best Gifts Tree Skirt' design by Todd Trainer

A friend got it in the US back in 2006 and it's very worn, so when my mother borrowed it to stitch, she's finding problems where her friend had taped it together. I have looked for the chart or kit but it's looking like it's no longer produced and even eBay is no luck.

I was really hoping that someone might know where I could get it, or might have it themselves and would be kind enough to even exchange it for something we might have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I realise also that it is a bit presumptuous of me to sign up here and expect someone to help, but I was directed here by someone who was in the same situation and found their way here and spoke very highly of the site.
Last edited by star-pants on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rose

Re: Dimensions Tree Skirt - 'The Best Gifts'

Post by Rose »

I am sorry to say that I do not have this pattern. Wish I did as I love snowmen. :D

Just a word of caution, how you word things is very important as far as copyright is concerned. Asking for a copy of a pattern or saying you have a copy that you would pass on could get you into a bit of trouble. I am not sure if it was just the way you worded the request but I just want to let you know. If you would like some more information about this subject we have a pretty good thread about copyrights. Having said all of this you could ask to borrow the pattern or buy the original, (as long as no copies were made) or trade original pattern for original pattern.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
star-pants

Post by star-pants »

Ah, my apologies, I had read that thread before I posted - and I wasn't sure if I could say that I would pay for the chart if someone had it.

I do completely understand copyright issues, so I would be more than willing to pay a reasonable price if someone had the chart as I cannot find it anywhere.
(apart from one place that has it for 110$ !!)
Rose

Post by Rose »

Holy cow that is expensive....... :shock:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

wow that is cuper cute...

seems it is out of print..i did a search and got the "no longer avail." message or it was 59.99 and up!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
BuffyLove

Post by BuffyLove »

I found it on this website for $39 but it's out of stock, however, you can provide your email address and they can notify you if it comes in stock. Bit of a long shot I know, especially if it's out of print...

http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/ ... oduct.html" target="_blank
WIP
Green with envy - GeckoRouge
Hugs and Kiss cushions - Emily Peacock

TBC
Blue Curl - GR
Orange Bliss - GR
Splattered Bunny - GR

A few of my other favourite things...Buffy the vampire slayer, cupcakes and shoes, shoes, shoes!
star-pants

Post by star-pants »

Thanks guys,

Aye I had found that overstock site, I found it on one or two other sites as well but all the same 'out of stock'. I reckon it's out of print and they've yet to remove the ads.

It's not up on the dimensions US website, I had emailed them last week and asked if it's still possible to get it but they've yet to reply to me.
Reta

Post by Reta »

star-pants

Post by star-pants »

Thanks Reta, as I said in my OP, I've already tried eBay with no luck.
Obviously I'll be keeping an eye out but was just hoping someone here might have it or know of someone/somewhere that had it for sale.
Eva

Post by Eva »

Hi I write you from Spain.. I have this patterm, if you would like to have it.. please give me you email address And I will send you

Eva
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hi Eva, that's a really nice offer, and of course for copyright reasons I'm sure you know you would have to send the original of the design and not keep a copy for yourself.

I'd point out, though, that the thread to which you responded is more than 2 years old. Don't be surprised if you don't hear anything from the member.