Help wanted on the Aurora Cabin, Gold Collection

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rebecca

Help wanted on the Aurora Cabin, Gold Collection

Post by Rebecca »

I am an avid cross stitcher when time permits and work doesn't get in the way! However I need a bit of information on the latest one I am working on and this is where I am hoping this lovely forum can help.

I am currently working on the Aurora Cabin from the Gold Collection by Dimensions but have hit a problem with the coloured chart supplied with the kit. There is a series of question mark (?) symbols near the base of the cabin shown in black where the snow line meets the cabin. However on the key which lists threads, number of strands and type of stitch it is missing. I am hoping someone may have an up-to-date chart depicting just what it means and would be willing to share the information so I can complete it which the correct threads. Otherwise I shall have to leave it to last and decide what I should stitch it with.

I have used a magnifying glass on the coloured image on the front cover and think it may be a full cross stitch and possibly in more than one colour but I can't be sure.

So if anyone else has completed it I would be grateful for the help.

Thank you.
rcperryls

Re: Help wanted on the Aurora Cabin, Gold Collection

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi Rebecca and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I don't have the information you are looking for, but would suggest that you try contacting the manufacturer. I'm sure yours can't be the only chart that is missing the information you need. I hope that you will post pictures of your project also. We love pictures!

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

Hi Carole,

Manu thanks for responding, I appreciate that even if you don't know the answer to my question.

I tried to contact Dimensions using the website on the back of the kit but got redirected to EKSuccessUK.com. So I used their 'Contact us' email address two to three weeks ago and they have never bothered to reply which is a shame.

I looked at other images on the internet but couldn't enlarge them without them going fuzzy.

There are a number of craft shows here in the south of England (UK) so I may try them and see if the stallholders will open a packet just to see if the symbol has changed.

On the up side, I am thoroughly enjoying stitching it. I still have a bit more to go but when I have finally finished it I will get it framed and post it here.

Bye for now.
fccs

Post by fccs »

I think a couple forum members were/are stitching the same design, so hopefully one of them will reply to this thread. If not, you might want to search "Aurora Cabin" and see if you can get their names and try PM'ing them. I hope you get it worked out because it's a beautiful design.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
MaggieM1750

Post by MaggieM1750 »

Try this site. It may be the same re-direct as you had- or this could be the US site and you might get a response with a second request? You shouldn't have to contact them twice to get a response, but maybe a second inquiry will end up in someones queue that will help you out.

http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/dimensionsneedleworks" target="_blank

Is there anything else missing or symbols you can't match to colors?
Could you be missing a page of instructions?
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

Many thanks for all your suggestions. I will try the website again to see if they can help. If I can't get the right answer I may have to stitch all the rest and see what threads I have left over and make a decision then as to what I should use.

I will check out the other idea of searching for the pattern on this forum and see if there are any photos that I can zoom in on then PM the person to see what they used.

I will get it finished eventually. :)
Poppielli

Post by Poppielli »

Hi! Were you able to resolve this? I have checked my key and it is 13008 coral full cross in 1 strand. Hope this helps if you haven't yet had an answer. I'm doing the same one now! :dance:
WIP
Aurora Cabin by Dimensions Gold Collection

Future Projects waiting!
Thomas Kinkade Disney Dreams Collection:
~Beauty and the Beast
~Cinderella
~The Little Mermaid
~Tinker Bell and Peter Pan
~ Fantasia