despicable me cross stitch kit

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Cross stitch 123

despicable me cross stitch kit

Post by Cross stitch 123 »

hi do anybody know if there is despicable me cross stitch kit any where for free or is there any body who doing any
LastingAllure

Re: despicable me cross stitch kit

Post by LastingAllure »

You might not have much luck since Despicable me is protected by trademark and copyright laws and I haven't seen any legit patterns/kits available. You could always design your own for your own personal use, this would then fall under fan art as long as you're not profiting off of it :) you may want to contact their legal department to insure you can use their images for a one time thing (I am unsure how protective Dream Works is, I know Disney is really strict with their trademarks and copyrights that they require you to contact them to do anything with their imagery legally)
ladylike4

Post by ladylike4 »

If you wanted to pay obviously....

I can commission an artist to draw an image for you that wouldn't be a trademark image. It would resemble Gru though or Minions...

I can then convert it to a pattern. I'm really good at conversions.
LastingAllure

Post by LastingAllure »

ladylike4 wrote:If you wanted to pay obviously....

I can commission an artist to draw an image for you that wouldn't be a trademark image. It would resemble Gru though or Minions...

That is still copyright and trademark infringement.....the character is a trademark, artwork is copyrighted. You cannot profit on someone else's idea or design....it's illegal.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

ladylike4 wrote:If you wanted to pay obviously....

ladylike4, this discussion is a non-starter. You might well be able to commission an artist to break the law. You aren't going to pursue it on this forum.
Reta

Post by Reta »

Well said Serinde

Crosstitch123 only ever asks for FREE things .. :roll:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, not everyone is in a position to buy, of course. If (legal) freebies are available, wha-hey! as we say in bonny Kirkintilloch. But copyright theft is another issue.
ladylike4

Post by ladylike4 »

I wasn't following this post very well apparently because I didn't see your response.

Fan Art though is not illegal. It is completely legal to draw an image that resembles a character and the copyright on that drawing would be the drawer.

You however are not allowed to represent that art as from the company which it resembles. That is where the copyright laws come into effect. It is actually not a copyright violation, but a misrepresentation violation in that circumstance.