New Look Forum Style!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

MaggieM1750

Re: New Look Forum Style!

Post by MaggieM1750 »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:I think this may have been mentioned but I used to go through any of the forums by going to the oldest thread with new posts, and then clicking on Next at the top of the page, and so I'd work my way to the newest posts. Is that option still there and am I just missing it, or is it gone? At the moment I keep having to go back to the forum page (e.g. General) to go to another thread, and it's rather a round-about way of doing things.

The way I read through the forum is to click on the View Active Topics link
Brings me to a list of everything that we've chattered on in the last 7 days (or maybe its everything?? not sure)
I start at the end of the list. Everything that I've seen, the paper icon is white. Everything that has new posts the paper icon is green.
Once I am into that topic, I click on First Unread Post. That brings me to whatever posts have been new since I last looked at that discussion. When I have read what is new in that discussion, the View Active Topics link is at the top and bottom of the page. So not the same as the 'Next' button- but close.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I guess I have always viewed the forum differently then the majority because of ya'll. I go to the forum head to the end post on the first page that is indicated as new post and look at that and each time I go back to the main page and pick and choose which topics I want to view. I never used the NEXT Button or the View New Topics button. So having that change does not bother me.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

I have noticed that the new topics in the Wanted section do not come out in the "view active topic" search.... they do show up in the "View new topic" :doh:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Oohh! Interesting new look! Haven't yet looked at anything apart from this, not been here for an age, but I'm going to enjoy looking! :whoop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
skitzzzzz

Post by skitzzzzz »

well I have been lurking - not stitching yet as I ma having trouble still with the right hand but at first OMG I hated the new look it really hurt my eyes and for some unknown reason made me travel sick - but after much trying I solved it by reducing the screen size % so all good , still a few things to fathom but I am here in the background lurking and drooling over cross stitch
W.I.P
Still Life with Roses GK
Frost GK

http://www.facebook.com/skitzzzzz" target="_blank" target="_blank
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Alex, thank you so much for simplifying putting pics into the Gallery. I was able to upload some for the first time in several years.

You are a :stars: that is for sure. :tizzy: :tizzy: :tizzy:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262