New Look Forum Style!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Re: New Look Forum Style!

Post by rcperryls »

It's so good to hear from you :D :D and hope to see pictures of the little one when you get a chance to post them. I think you are not the only one who has been away for a while and will wonder what has happened to our look. I find the hardest part of all, is that things that were on my left are on my right. Just a matter of time getting used to it.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I see the View unanswered posts, View unread posts, View new posts, and View active topics links are showing up at the top of the page when I open a thread or select a folder, but they are still missing on the page that opens when I click each of those links. Is that something that can be added?

WIP
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Allyn wrote:I see the View unanswered posts, View unread posts, View new posts, and View active topics links are showing up at the top of the page when I open a thread or select a folder, but they are still missing on the page that opens when I click each of those links. Is that something that can be added?
Allyn I do see those,at the top and at the bottom of every opened thread. They are just above the Facebook banner. If you still can't find them I would try to clean your browser cache and try again.. let me know if it fixed :)
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Oriettait wrote:
Allyn wrote:I see the View unanswered posts, View unread posts, View new posts, and View active topics links are showing up at the top of the page when I open a thread or select a folder, but they are still missing on the page that opens when I click each of those links. Is that something that can be added?
Allyn I do see those,at the top and at the bottom of every opened thread. They are just above the Facebook banner. If you still can't find them I would try to clean your browser cache and try again.. let me know if it fixed :)

I said I can see them at the top of the threads. I also see them when I select a folder.

I can't see them when I click on View unanswered posts, View unread posts, View new posts, or View active topics. Click on one of those links at the top of the page and see if you have those links at the top of the page that opens. The only link at the top of the page is "Return to Advanced Search." (And there is no Facebook banner on that page, either, which I'm not concerned about).
Last edited by Allyn on Sat May 03, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

WIP
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Oh I see!Sorry.. bad translation on my side! Well in that case I see the links only at the bottom of the pages right on top if the Facebook banner
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
fccs

Post by fccs »

Allyn wrote:Click on one of those links at the top of the page and see if you have those links at the top of the page that opens. The only link at the top of the page is "Return to Advanced Search." (And there is no Facebook banner on that page, either, which I'm not concerned about).
They are not at the top of those pages for me, but they are at the bottom.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

Looks like I will have to use the site differently as I can't just click on next topic. So Carole, when you read the unread posts how does that work? If I click on unread posts and then read the first one that comes up what do I do then? I am having to click on unread posts again but that brings the list up with the one I have just read still on the top.
I love the new look but am getting a bity frustrated as I can't work out a satisfactory way of reading every thing.
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I have always had the same list of new posts appear so if I read the first post and then after I read that thread, click on view new posts again,the same list usually shows up unless someone has added something new. The only difference is that the list now shows that I have read that post. What I usually do is start at the bottom of the list and work my way up. Sometimes I skip around. That is how it has always been for me. The options for viewing unread,unanswered or new posts and for active topics appears on both the top and bottom of the page. There isn't anything I see that says next topic. Maybe it has something to do with your browser. I use Firefox on my computer usually and Safari on my iPad and iPhone. the latest update with Firefox is giving me a little trouble but that has to do with Firefox wanting to keep pages from loading.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

Must say this is much better in android I wont be using a third party app hehehe it is SOoooo much easier now!!!!!
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

fccs wrote:
Allyn wrote:Click on one of those links at the top of the page and see if you have those links at the top of the page that opens. The only link at the top of the page is "Return to Advanced Search." (And there is no Facebook banner on that page, either, which I'm not concerned about).
They are not at the top of those pages for me, but they are at the bottom.

Yes, but is it not possible to have them at the top, too?

WIP
Angel

Post by Angel »

Just seen the new layout and was almost blinded by it! It's HUGE!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if that's by design or just the way it's showing on my computer, but I have to zoom out twice just to avoid the headache!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It's pretty big and bright on my machine, too. :shock: Making it smaller does indeed help (although then the smilies look weird). :lol:
charmagne_capalad

Post by charmagne_capalad »

O, wow! A new look! ... been away for awhile... due to office related concerns...things are starting to work out fine now and now I have no more wish but to get back to my stitching as I've missed it A LOT! Great to be here once again! :D
charmagne
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
freelady

Post by freelady »

I haven't on here for quite a while and was surprised to see the new style. I like the look so far and will get used to it. Well done for a job well done.
backafteradozenyrs

Post by backafteradozenyrs »

So I leave & everything seems to have changed! :shock: I'll need some time to get used to the new look, but I think it is sleeker.

One question....seems my mailbox is 100% full...but I can't find any way to delete any messages. :thinks:
Diana
WIP
Rejoice in Today Rooster=Stoney Creek
White Dorkings=Leisure Arts
White Wedding-Ellen Maurer-Stroh

Finished Masterpieces:
His Name Is Jesus
Never too old for teddy
Turn off the water sign
Debbies bookmark
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

backafteradozenyrs wrote:So I leave & everything seems to have changed! :shock: I'll need some time to get used to the new look, but I think it is sleeker.

One question....seems my mailbox is 100% full...but I can't find any way to delete any messages. :thinks:
If you go to the inbox and/or messages sent page, mark the ones you want to delete, then scroll down to the bottom of the page to where it says mark/unmark as important---that should be a box that if you click on it will also have delete mark---choose that option and then click on the go---the rest should be pretty easy to sort out. Hope that makes sense :)
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I think this may have been mentioned but I used to go through any of the forums by going to the oldest thread with new posts, and then clicking on Next at the top of the page, and so I'd work my way to the newest posts. Is that option still there and am I just missing it, or is it gone? At the moment I keep having to go back to the forum page (e.g. General) to go to another thread, and it's rather a round-about way of doing things.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Like the new look but it will take a bit of getting used to.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:I think this may have been mentioned but I used to go through any of the forums by going to the oldest thread with new posts, and then clicking on Next at the top of the page, and so I'd work my way to the newest posts. Is that option still there and am I just missing it, or is it gone? At the moment I keep having to go back to the forum page (e.g. General) to go to another thread, and it's rather a round-about way of doing things.
I don't see a "next" link anywhere, Mabel. There have been some really good suggestions about things that are gone now and I'm sure that whenever Chris gets the opportunity to "tweek" our new format he will be looking at this thread and seeing what is possible. Or there is a way to do this that some other member has discovered and will let us know how. I never used the Next link when reading through a forum. Mostly because I never thought to do it that way :doh: , and so went round-about :tizzy:. Story of my life?

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

I really miss the Next button as well Mabel and haven't really settled to a new routine in my visits so it would be lovely if this could be added.
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden