New Look Forum Style!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fccs

Re: New Look Forum Style!

Post by fccs »

Is there still a way to search our own posts? The previous version had a clickable link; maybe I'm just overlooking it here?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
pattiebelle

Post by pattiebelle »

I think it looks great and I'm happy about the updated security. Looking forward to trying out all the features and getting re-acquainted with the forum...

:wub:
pattiebelle

"Gratitude is memory of the heart" (Jean-Baptiste Massieu)
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Well now what a change and what a lot of wonderful work you have done Alex. But oh dear its going to take this old head ages to work it all out that is for sure.

Thanks for looking after us so well. :lol:

Edited to add Just been looking at the new posts and have managed to find my way around very well. Top marks Alex et al - you have done wonders. Just got to keep my wits about me and watch where I put the curser!
Last edited by Squirrel on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

Turn my back and the whole format changes.I think I like it.Very clear print.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote:Is there still a way to search our own posts? The previous version had a clickable link; maybe I'm just overlooking it here?
If you click on User Control Panel and scroll to the bottom of the page, underneath the section called Your Activity. Click on "show your posts" and you will see them. Another way I can see to search our own posts is to click on your name either in the post box where your current post is or click on your name where it appears under the avatar. That will take you to your profile and there is a clickable link to "view user's posts" and it will take you to them. Good question. Took me a while to figure it out.

Carole
:tizzy:

ETA: Scroll down two posts and see the easy answer by Tracy. Sometimes we do make it harder than it is. At least, I do. :oops:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Having to go back to the Board Index to find the links to view active topics, view unanswered topics, etc, is a bit cumbersome. I like the better security, but the navigation doesn't seem as intuitive and user-friendly as the old layout.

WIP
kimkat_tkl

Post by kimkat_tkl »

fccs wrote:Is there still a way to search our own posts? The previous version had a clickable link; maybe I'm just overlooking it here?
If you scroll right up to the top of the page above the forum banner is a place on the left where you can click on labelled 'view your posts'
Ladymyste65

Post by Ladymyste65 »

Ok I have to be the person of dissent. I'm not liking it but maybe with time it will grow on me.
Debbie
meganh

Post by meganh »

Well... I do like the look ,much easier to read but like others i can't seem to find a way to get to the active posts which is where i generally start to see what's happening and what's new....If i could find that i think i'd like the changes :wink:
Seeds of Friendship
Mermaids(Country Cottage Kids)
Various smalls and Christmas ornaments
Dessert makes me Happy
CCN Mermaids
Christmas Ornament SAL
Rose

Post by Rose »

I like the new look and yes it will take a few days to get used to but then that is how most things are. I have noticed that there is not a make forum read that used to be on or mark topics read. It was nice to have the button to clear the sections read even if you had not looked at every new post. O maybe I have not found it yet. Used to be in the top right corner of the section and also on the general.

I really like that the Sections are at the top of the page rather then at the bottom of the General Index. I did not like to have to scroll past all the popular topics to get to the Sections.

As long as you are fiddling around on the forum could you add a smilie of some one stitching, and also one of a lion tamer with a whip and a chair PLEASE!!!!!!

Thank you for getting us upgraded this will be fun to relearn!!!!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Rose

Post by Rose »

Ok so I found the Mark subforums read button but still have not seen it for the mark post read within the subforum. Just had to have a better look. :D
Rose

Post by Rose »

Also I looked in the section marked The Team and you have missed karen4bells as a moderator. Not a huge thing but just an oversight.
ucladoc

Post by ucladoc »

I think it's great (at least from my iPhone)! I'll have to see what it's like on my computer.
2014 projects:

Country store: almost done
Walt Disney World's Epcot: just starting
fccs

Post by fccs »

kimkat_tkl wrote: If you scroll right up to the top of the page above the forum banner is a place on the left where you can click on labelled 'view your posts'

Doh! Thanks.

Next question...is there a quick way to get back to "new posts" w/o having to go all the way back to the home page? If not, can we add a button that would appear at the bottom or top of pages? (It's probably already there and I'm overlooking it...that's the bad part of new formats encountered when very tired. :-))
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

zookx wrote:
mauveme wrote:I see something I don't like, no editing?So I can't fix my screwups? I say the quote button Or am I missing something, :tizzy:

Is there not an edit icon, pencil and paper, showing to the far right of the post title for you? I get one on my posts - will log in with a test account tomorrow and see.

I see the benefit of having a new posts link on each page, we should be able to do that same as we did before.

Will check in tomorrow and hopefully sort out some of these things.
Oh duh :oops: , now I see it, was not looking in the right place, thanks
Linda
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Wow! I like the new format and being a computer person.. Wow eight years were a long time with no changes!
I am sure we will all find our way around soon! Thanks for hour work :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote:
kimkat_tkl wrote: If you scroll right up to the top of the page above the forum banner is a place on the left where you can click on labelled 'view your posts'

Doh! Thanks.

Next question...is there a quick way to get back to "new posts" w/o having to go all the way back to the home page? If not, can we add a button that would appear at the bottom or top of pages? (It's probably already there and I'm overlooking it...that's the bad part of new formats encountered when very tired. :-))
No way right now, but Chris has said that he thinks he should be able to put a link on every page for new posts.

Carole
:?
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

The biggest improvement has to be the ability to access the site from a mobile phone. I can see some users switching from the PC to the phone after trying it...

Well done to Chris!
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

The biggest improvement has to be the ability to access the site from a mobile phone. I can see some users switching from the PC to the phone after trying it...

Well done to Chris!
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

Me no likee!

But only for one reason. I now have to navigate back to the him?e page to find 'view active topics' whereas it used to be at the bottom of every page.

Other than that its better on Android.