Thea Gouverneur

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

billie

Thea Gouverneur

Post by billie »

If any one can help, I would like a DMC key for the icons on Thea Gouverneur's The Lost Gardens of Heligan kit GOK423.
Serinde

Re: Thea Gouverneur

Post by Serinde »

Have you tried contacting her to ask for a key? I don't know much about her designs (apart from their beauty), and don't know if she uses a particular kind of thread (like Anchor or Madeira), but if you have the chart, then finding a DMC solution shouldn't be too hard -- lots of conversion charts found online.
billie

Post by billie »

I have contacted them and they will not provide a key saying it is copyright protected. I have the DMC color card but it is very difficult to match an actual thread with a picture.
Reta

Post by Reta »

If you have bought the kit with the symbols colours missing then I would complain to where you bought it as its not a cheap kit

Did you ask here

http://www.theagouverneur.com/contact-0 ... 00112.aspx" target="_blank
Rose

Post by Rose »

Something does not sound right about this. Did you buy an original kit from an individual or company?????? Or is this a kit that was shared???? If it was a shared kit then the company would not provide the key code.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

billie wrote:I have contacted them and they will not provide a key saying it is copyright protected. I have the DMC color card but it is very difficult to match an actual thread with a picture.
I must have misunderstood. I thought you had bought the chart (legitimately) and so had the key, but with the wrong company's threads. If you are trying to match colours from a picture of the design, then copyright is definitely an issue.
Reta

Post by Reta »

Done some looking about and "Thea Gouverneur" uses DMC but does not give the numbers of the colours

From Else where

I have a DMC color card so I thought it would be an easy issue to match the threads so I'd know the DMC numbers. But as it turns out, the symbols on the floss DO NOT MATCH THE SYMBOLS ON THE PATTERN!!!! Now, that's a problem. I've emailed the ebay vendor and I'll see what he does. It's too bad, because it's really a cute pattern. It would be one thing to figure out the DMC numbers, but without the key and the chart matching symbols, it would be like choosing my own colours for everything. Not willing to do that.

Bothy Threads are the same
Reta

Post by Reta »

Thea Gouverneur Reply ... Re DMC numbers

Thank you for your e-mail.
Unfortunately we can not provide you with any corresponding color numbers.
This is because all our designs are protected by copyrights, and therefore we are not allowed to release any color numbers. If you run short of a color please provide us with the below information so we could try to help you;
-what is the product code.
-When and where did you buy the product.
-which symbol do you need and on which thread card is it located.
-do you embroider with 1 or 2 threads.
With this information we are able to determine which version of the chart you have and are able to continue helping you.

Best regards
Kim Chabani
stitchnkitty

Post by stitchnkitty »

If you have the kit there is no reason to not use the high quality threads provided. I have run into alot of selling of kit charts on sites which is not legal. And yes no company is obligated to give DMC conversions o their kit threads.