Does anyone finish projects?

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

traceylynn444

Does anyone finish projects?

Post by traceylynn444 »

Hello from Georgia!
I was wondering if there is anyone out there that does a service of finishing projects for people that haven't been able to complete them?
Thanks for any help.
rcperryls

Re: Does anyone finish projects?

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello traceylynn and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I don't know of any such service but someone on the forum most likely will if there is such a service. More information about what you are looking for would help.

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
traceylynn444

Post by traceylynn444 »

Hi Carole,
I'm new to posting on forums so hopefully I'm doing all this correctly! I bought a cross stitching kit towards the end of last year in a first time cross stitching attempt to make a Christmas gift for my boss/friend and his wife. I'm embarrassed to say I bought a kit just because it was a pretty picture and perfect for them but did not take into account that I had no idea what I was doing! Unfortunately, tragedy struck my family and on Christmas day I lost my beautiful father. Because I did not have the energy at that point to attempt my cross stitching project I went to the internet to see if I could find someone locally that might be good at cross stitching and I could pay them to complete the project for me. I found someone who said she could do it within a month. That was awesome and I would just call it a "belated Christmas gift". Here we are 8 months later and I just received it back from this person and it isn't even half way finished. Obviously, we are WAY past this being a Christmas gift but honestly it's still a project I'd like to complete for my friend. So, I found this forum and just wanted to see if there was anyone out there willing to charge for their services of completing a project.
Thanks for listening.
Tracey
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

Hi Tracey, welcome to our corner of the internet!

I'm sorry to hear about losing your father - and gosh, this is the second time I'm saying that today! Not a good day in that respect.

Anyway - I occasionally do some stitching on comission. It depends on the piece, the pattern, and the expected turn around time. I don't take on a project that doesn't interest me simply because then I'll hate every minute of stitching, and I do this because I enjoy it! I just recently worked on a piece for someone that she sent me partially done and had me complete for her, so that's something I can definitely do. I'm going to follow this post with a private message - when it arrives in your inbox you can get to it by clicking the link near the top of the page, right above the flowers.
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
ElizabethBraun

Post by ElizabethBraun »

Hello Tracey!

I'd be happy to help you too. If it doesn't work for Carole this time and you don't mind dealing with someone abroad (I'm in the UK), please let me know.
traceylynn444

Post by traceylynn444 »

Wow! Thank you so much! Hope it's a beautiful day in the UK!
Tracey
mommyothree

Post by mommyothree »

Hello from Georgia too lol

I know your original post is from August and I am sure you have found what you are looking for but just in case...... I have finished projects and completed projects purchased by others. I have been a stitcher for 24 years off and on (with three kids - it was hard to stitch when they were younger lol). I would be happy to help if you have not found someone else yet and am definitely looking to make extra money for Christmas.

Thanks!!