Want to buy completed "Rainbow Row"

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

johnboy2978

Want to buy completed "Rainbow Row"

Post by johnboy2978 »

Hello all. My wife used to be really into cross stitching when we were first married and one of her favorite pieces that she completed was "Rainbow Row" with the 9 house scene from Charleston SC. I've seen a couple of versions of this, but was like the one here: http://www.everythingcrossstitch.com/ra ... oCQd3w_wcB

It hung over our fireplace for years and unfortunately we suffered some mold damage and the piece is completely ruined. I wanted to replace it for her for Christmas and am having no luck finding a completed piece like this for sale. Anyone know where I might purchase one?

Thanks
Rose

Re: Want to buy completed "Rainbow Row"

Post by Rose »

I would be very surprised if you can find an already stitched picture of this. People usually do not have ready to sell pieces. You might find some one that you could commission to stitch the project but it is a bit late to be thinking of that. Or you could buy the kit and give that you your wife so she could enjoy the time stitching this once again.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

As Rose said.. it's unlikely you'll find it already stitched. Either buying the kit for her to restitch or having it comissioned is the way to do. I do some comissioned stitching, so I'm going to follow this message with a private message with some info. Just be aware that Christmas is cuttting it awfully close and it's highly unlikely.
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Wow. This brings back memories. I would be glad to look and see if I have my almost completed rainbow row. I did much of it during the days we were without power right after hurricane Hugo smacked us. Once the power came back I put it away and never picked it back up. Looks like the same one you are looking for. There was a completed one on the walls of my LNS but that has been closed for a year. If I can find mine, I will send you a pm, but I think it may be hidden away in a box in the attic and If it's there, I will never find it. Still, there is always hope

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

rcperryls wrote:Wow. This brings back memories. I would be glad to look and see if I have my almost completed rainbow row. I did much of it during the days we were without power right after hurricane Hugo smacked us. Once the power came back I put it away and never picked it back up. Looks like the same one you are looking for. There was a completed one on the walls of my LNS but that has been closed for a year. If I can find mine, I will send you a pm, but I think it may be hidden away in a box in the attic and If it's there, I will never find it. Still, there is always hope

Carole
:)
You could always send it to me to finish and hope I don't start a thread about it.. ;) *snicker* I'm sure your counting skills are much better than THAT piece though. Speaking of .. I'm back to work on that one this weekend!
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

If I find it you'll get a pm from me asking for your address. If I remember correctly, it's pretty straight forward stitching on probably 14 or 16 ct aida with little if any confetti. It was one of the earlier pieces I stitched, so no promises about my counting skills.

Carole
:roll:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker