ISO 18ct grey aida cloth

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

annastasia76

ISO 18ct grey aida cloth

Post by annastasia76 »

does anybody know where I can find a medium grey color aida cloth around 18X21 or larger, or another aida color that may work.

I want to start a project that has alot of black in it so I want don't want to work on white or light cloth, but I also don't want to work on black or any other color that's hard to see. I have searched joanns and 123stitch websites and no grey color, are there any other sites that may have it??

I also don't want to have to dye it because I don't want to have to deal with bleeding colors.
fccs

Re: ISO 18ct grey aida cloth

Post by fccs »

Is a pewter color too light? I don't see 18 count on 123stitch's site, but it could be out there at a brick and mortar shop that has fabric on the bolt. When I need a certain color, I always call the LNS I used to shop at when I still lived in California and they've always been pretty helpful.

I will also take a look in my stash...I thought I had purchased a kit at some point that had grey fabric. I'll let you know what I find.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Pengwenn

Post by Pengwenn »

If you see the color you want but not in the right count size you can always ask them about it. I ordered some fabric from them in a different count size than what I wanted because I couldn't find the color in my count. I left them a feedback note and someone personally responded to let me know that they would have order it for me in the count size I wanted. They responded not once, but twice. They might be able to help you out. And they've always responded right away to me.
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Sew and So (in the UK) has confederate grey and pearl grey 18ct Aida. http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ran2859-0.html" target="_blank and Willow Fabrics (also in the UK) has Aida Silver Grey as well as Platinum. http://www.willowfabrics.com/acatalog/Z ... cloth.html" target="_blank Both these companies have excellent customer service and will ship anywhere.