Help with Beauty of Asia Lanarte Set

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

jojojojo

Help with Beauty of Asia Lanarte Set

Post by jojojojo »

Hi All,
I wonder if you could help me with something. My grandma purchased a lanarte cross stitch set (Beauty of Asia - 35051) approximately 4 years ago. She was completeing the cross stitch as a gift for my father in law but due to ill health the cross stitch never got finished. Unfortunately my Grandma recently passed away and whilst going through her belongings I came across the unfinished cross stitch and would really like to complete it for my father in law on her behalf. The problem I have come across is that pages 1 and 2 (back to back on one large sheet of paper) of the pattern & symbol/key is missing. As far as I can see I have everything else to complete the picture apart from this crucial page. Is there anyone who has a copy of this pattern or does anyone have any idea how to get a copy? I have emailed Lanarte 4 times now and have had no reply from them, I have tried ringing them too but I cant find a British number and the number I tried in Belgium doesn't work. I am running out of ideas of how to get the crucial page I need. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks
Jo
rcperryls

Re: Help with Beauty of Asia Lanarte Set

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi Jo and welcome to the forum from South Carolina. What a nice idea to finish that piece for your father in law. And how nice that was of your Grandmother to stitch it for him. I'm afraid I don't have that chart and would have suggested that you contact Lanarte and explain the problem you are having. I am surprised they haven't responded to an email, but perhaps a snail mail letter might help. Or perhaps one of the on line suppliers that sells the full kit would know how to reach them if you explain your dilemma? The other option of course is to repurchase the kit, but that would be a pricey alternative. (I found it on 123Stitch's website). If there is another way of legally getting it, someone on the forum will know. Have you been a cross stitcher before? or is this a new venture for you?

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
jojojojo

Post by jojojojo »

Hi Carole,
Thanks for your reply. I have contacted a couple of the english sellers who gave me the Lanarte details but no reply from them. I have done a few cross stitch sets before but nothing of this size, I'm really looking forward to it but can't start until I have at least the key/symbol for the set. Hopefully someone can help me.

Jo.
fccs

Post by fccs »

Jo, it looks like they have a Facebook page. Have you tried to post or message them that way? Since you're only asking for the key, I would think they'd be wiling to work with you. It's not like you're asking for copyright violating copies of the chart itself. I hope you can get what you need because it would be such a special project to complete.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
jojojojo

Post by jojojojo »

Hi Debby,
Thanks for that, I will have a look now but will have to see if I can direct message them as my father in law is on facebook and I dont want him to know I am doing it as it's a surprise.

Jo
Rose

Post by Rose »

When I lost the key code to a pattern I was working on I had to send several messages to the designer before they finally got back to me, so just keep after them Hopefully they will reply sooner rather then later.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror