Help with colours?

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mummajo

Help with colours?

Post by Mummajo »

So I am still learning cross stitch and don't really know a lot. Hope I'm allowed to ask this here.
I have found a pattern on pinterest I would love to try.. But I'm unsure what colours to use, it has like a chart with different shapes, but I don't know which colour threads to use for the shapes.. Does that make sense?

The pattern is different types of coffee, and says wake up and smell the coffee and It's got Cross Stitcher @maria Diaz at the bottom. Is there somewhere I can go to see a colour chart or something?

Would anyone be able to help me out? Thanks in advance.
Rose

Re: Help with colours?

Post by Rose »

What you need to do is find out who LEGALLY sells that pattern an then buy it from a legitimate company when you get the pattern it will give you a key code that has the symbol that is on the pattern and that symbol will correspond to a color (usually) DMC or Anchor Brands of thread.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
fccs

Post by fccs »

A lot of the charts you find on Pinterest are there in violation of copyright laws. First, make sure it is a legitimate chart either purchased from an authorized seller or the designer, or a legitimately free chart provided by the designer. Second, the chart should include a key to the symbols. If no key is given, I would question the validity of the chart itself.

Feel free to ask questions as they arise; this is a very helpful group of cross stitch addicts.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

Sounds like it has been taken from Crossstitcher magazine.Maria Diaz is a very well known designer
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"