Help!

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

MarleneB

Help!

Post by MarleneB »

I am searching for pre-gridded Aida cloth in 14 count, and I NEED a piece that's 24" x 29"!!!
I've been to Amazon, DMC and so far I've only found a 20"x30" piece.
Does anyone know where I can get larger pieces????

Thanks so much! I need to get this started as its a Christmas gift for my daughters!
Marlene
karen4bells

Re: Help!

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum---I can't help you with the pre-gridded aida but hopefully one of our other members will be able to help :)
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

http://www.sewandso.co.uk/Departments/F ... abric.aspx" target="_blank
I have purchased from them and they are good to deal with
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
fccs

Post by fccs »

I will second the good comment about sewandso...I've purchased from them a few times and am very impressed!!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
MarleneB

Post by MarleneB »

Stitchinkitty: thank you! I found a piece big enough to even give a bit of left overs!!!

As I live in USA, what would £19.95 be in USD?? I have NO clue!!! Also, is it going to cost a mint to ship from down under to here??

Queensland is someplace I've dreamed of visiting!!

Marlene
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Hi Marlene---if you check the upper left corner on the sew and so site- you can change the currency to US dollars---as for the shipping I don't know what that would be, but I'm sure one of our other members could help you there---or you could just set up an account there---that's something I didn't want to do :)---oh--when I used US dollars it converted to just under $31 :) before shipping
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

MarleneB

Post by MarleneB »

Thank you karen4bells! I actually DID see that - AFTER I posted the above to stitchinkitty! - and I act spent a bit of time "looking" around the "store"! Quite impressive I must say! I also did create an account so I could save the ONE item I'm looking for!

However, I am having a little trouble figuring the shipping. Only two options? NO tracking? How long from Austrailia to WA state? I need this material ASAP & CHEAP!!!

I'm starting a beaUTIFAL Fractal to be Christmas gift for my 16 year old daughter and really wanted to start it May 1st, however, I'm thinking that the Magic Guide cloth would SAVE time & frustration.

So, anyway.................... :?
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

Marlene!!Sew and So is in England so it should be a pretty quick delivery.
I know that orders I have placed with them have arrived here in Australia in 5-7 days.
They are great to deal with and have a habit of leading me astray!!!
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
fccs

Post by fccs »

I have found their shipping to be pretty quick - once it's out of their hands, of course, it's up to the UK and US postal services, but it usually works out well. And their customer service is top notch!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
curly sue

Post by curly sue »

I just received a chart book from the UK. It was shipped 4-7 and arrived 5-1. It was from a different source however.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Have you thought about looking around on American sites? I've just been on Nordic Needle (in ND), and they don't seem to have it. But try, for instance, http://www.thesilverneedle.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank (in Tulsa) as it has a formidable reputation for fabric. If you ask, they might have it, and if they don't, they might know an American site that does. Worth a try.

Of course (and it does take longer to do), you could simply buy regular Aida 14t and grid it yourself if you felt the need... (and it'd be cheaper!)