Hello and Help Please!

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

threefco

Hello and Help Please!

Post by threefco »

Hello Everyone,
I just found this wonderful group and I'm so happy to have joined :D

I really would like some help finding either this particular kit or the designer. I stitched it in the 90's. I can't remember where I got it. It may have been a local shop.

It contains a variety of stitches but it is mainly cross stitch.

I would sooo love to find it again.

Posting pics - hope i did it right :/

Thanks so much in advance!

karen4bells

Re: Hello and Help Please!

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!! What a lovely design and I can see why you are wanting to find it. I'm sorry, but I don't have any help to offer but hopefully, one of our other members will :)
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum! I am also not familiar with that lovely sampler. I did try to do a Google Image Search and came up with lots of similar patterns, but not that one. Do you have any idea who the designer is? If anyone here recognizes it, I'm sure they will let you know as soon as they see this post. What other types of projects do you like to stitch?

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
threefco

Oh! Image Search?

Post by threefco »

Oh! How do you do a google image search? I've never heard of that. I sure would like to see the similars!

Unfortunately no, I have no idea who the designer is. I wish I did!

It's sad that when we are younger we don't know to save the things we will wish we had lol
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

If you go to the Google Home page, you should see several choices in the upper right hand corner. One is images. Click on that and then paste a copy of the picture in the search box. And you should see plenty of images. I've done very few of these so I don't know if you will get the info you need, but it's worth a try.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
threefco

Oh Wow!

Post by threefco »

Thank you for info on Google Image Search!! I never knew that existed. I didn't find what I was looking for but I found a TON of other really neat stuff!

As far as what I like to cross stitch, my tastes are pretty eclectic. There seems to be only one hard and fast rule: whatever it is it will NEVER match my decor :'(

I do a lot of siennas and I also like art deco and some really bright colored abstracts. I guess it just depends on my mood.
Sometimes I even like to stitch nudes as long as they are tasteful and beautiful.
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

Welcome to the board.I know I have seen that design before but where or when is a different matter.It's one that appeals to me .That's probably why I remember it.
Good luck in tracking down more information
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"