Dracolair Norse Rune Sampler chart wanted

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

JackieC

Dracolair Norse Rune Sampler chart wanted

Post by JackieC »

I'm heartbroken - I hunted far and wide for this on the net two days ago and found just one seller in the US with this chart listed, and got a refund email today to say sorry, it's out of stock and discontinued! If anyone has this chart and no longer needs it, please PM me. Thanks!
wendywombat

Re: Dracolair Norse Rune Sampler chart wanted

Post by wendywombat »

http://www.celticstitchery.com/MythsMagic/DracoLair.htm" target="_blank

I found it here...any good?
JackieC

Post by JackieC »

wendywombat wrote:http://www.celticstitchery.com/MythsMagic/DracoLair.htm" target="_blank

I found it here...any good?
Thanks Wendy - that's where I ordered it, paid for it and later got a refund email. I really appreciate you taking the time to search on my behalf!
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Sorry that I wasn't more help :? ! It's a nice chart...hope you can track one down.
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

WIP
Anaya

Post by Anaya »

Did you try eBay? That's where I got mine a few months ago.
JackieC

Post by JackieC »

Thank you so much Allyn - I've just ordered it, and it was half the price (even with shipping to Italy) of the one that I ordered that ended up being out of stock! You're a star!

Thanks also Anaya for the Ebay suggestion, but I had no luck there.
fccs

Post by fccs »

I'm glad you found it (and your're right - Allyn is a star!). I hope you'll share your progress with us - it's a unique and stunning design.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
JackieC

Post by JackieC »

fccs wrote:I'm glad you found it (and your're right - Allyn is a star!). I hope you'll share your progress with us - it's a unique and stunning design.
I will do! I've just had my despatch notification - I'm so relieved, I was dreading another 'out of stock, you'll get a refund' email. If anyone wants this chart, it's best to nab it quick as they're on sale at this supplier.
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Awesome!!! And well done, to Allyn for finding it for you!! :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to snag it. :whoop: It really is a lovely design. The picture doesn't do it justice. It puts me in mind of a TWentzler design with the blends, quarter stitches and metallic threads. Pictures never did her designs justice either.

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Allyn wrote:Yay! I'm so glad you were able to snag it. :whoop: It really is a lovely design. The picture doesn't do it justice. It puts me in mind of a TWentzler design with the blends, quarter stitches and metallic threads. Pictures never did her designs justice either.
I agree. I was trying to think what this design reminded me of, and it is TW designs. Lovely detail. Looking forward to watching this one being stitched!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Another success from this great forum! :whoop:
JackieC

Post by JackieC »

Oooh, I've never heard of TWentzler before, I'll have to check that out... I've just been up to Florence for the weekend and got about half of the threads that I need, at a lovely old-fashioned 'merceria' that's been a family business since 1895 and has everything in wooden drawers! I paid a bit more than online, but I think it's nice to support a family business. A merceria in Italy is an odd sort of shop, it's a haberdashery that also sells underwear.
fccs

Post by fccs »

JackieC wrote:I've just been up to Florence for the weekend and got about half of the threads that I need, at a lovely old-fashioned 'merceria' that's been a family business since 1895 and has everything in wooden drawers! I paid a bit more than online, but I think it's nice to support a family business. A merceria in Italy is an odd sort of shop, it's a haberdashery that also sells underwear.
It is nice to support a local, family business - well done. And a store that sells both embroidery floss AND undies? Cool. :-) You just never know when you might need both.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

JackieC wrote:Oooh, I've never heard of TWentzler before, I'll have to check that out...
Teresa Wentzler. She was *the* fantasy designer a couple of decades ago. Her designs are beautiful and intricate with specialty stitches, blends, fractionals and metallics. She's retired now, but many of her designs are still available through patternsonline.com.

WIP
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

fccs wrote:
JackieC wrote:I've just been up to Florence for the weekend and got about half of the threads that I need, at a lovely old-fashioned 'merceria' that's been a family business since 1895 and has everything in wooden drawers! I paid a bit more than online, but I think it's nice to support a family business. A merceria in Italy is an odd sort of shop, it's a haberdashery that also sells underwear.
It is nice to support a local, family business - well done. And a store that sells both embroidery floss AND undies? Cool. :-) You just never know when you might need both.

I found one like that in southern Spain some years back...she was brilliant! Until she retired that is! :doh: The new owner kept up the underwear but not the stitching stuff....I did manage to snaffle some of the threads in her closing down sale though! :dance:
JackieC

Post by JackieC »

a store that sells both embroidery floss AND undies? Cool. :-) You just never know when you might need both.
@rotfl:

Thanks Allyn for the website details for Teresa Wentzler - I love those Celtic knotwork bookmarks.

Embroidery supplies and undies must be a Mediterranean thing, Wendy! Another odd combination in our local town is a mower repair shop that also sells candle making supplies...