Dimensions Sweet Dreams Stocking

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

ladyprof

Dimensions Sweet Dreams Stocking

Post by ladyprof »

Hello,
I am a new member and am in desperate need of help. I live in Texas, but am currently on a contract in Dubai for six months. Before I left, i purchased the Dimensions Sweet Dreams Stocking (Kit 8740) and did not bother to open it and check it before i left and brought it with me. It is for my new great-grandson and since my hands ache a little more than when i made his Mother's stocking 29 years ago, it will take me a while to complete. So...what is my dilemma? The page with the stitching "key" is missing as is Chart B (just a blown up half and I can duplicate that here at my office if I need to since I have the page with the whole stocking on it) but I cannot even begin without the key. Does anyone by some odd chance have this pattern key? i looked into buying another entire kit but could not find one here in the United Arab Emirates, and no one that would ship one without charging a fortune (around $100 US dollars). I tried writing to Wilton and to Simplicity (after Dimensions giving me that info) but I have gotten no response. I am hoping someone can email me the key. If not, I guess i will have to buy a second and have it shipped....at least that is an option if this does not work. Thank you very much.
Cindy
karen4bells

Re: Dimensions Sweet Dreams Stocking

Post by karen4bells »

Hello Cindy and welcome to the forum.
I can't help you with the key for the stocking, but I think that if I were you, I would try to contact the company again---it can't hurt to try---did you try the contact us page on simplicity's site---it looks pretty straight forward---maybe your first attempt got lost in cyber space---I know that's happened to me more than once.
At any rate, it's great to have you join us and I love the stocking. I hope you will be able to find the key for it soon!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

I would echo what Karen said by suggesting you recontact pretty much everyone. Maybe if you include in your emails pictures of what you have, just so they know you're not trying to pirate anything, they'll be more responsive and email you the key and the other missing page. I would also definitely contact the seller and try to recoup your purchase price if you end up having to repurchase a complete kit.

I hope you'll hang around here and update your progress on both the key/chart and your stitching. It's a really cute design!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
ladyprof

Post by ladyprof »

Thank you both for such a quick reply. I did recontact the companies yesterday..but I like the idea of sending a picture of what I have...I will do that this evening (we are nine hours ahead of the USA so I am just coming to work). I still hope someone sees this that has the key.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello Cindy and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I'm afraid I can't help you other than to agree with Karen and Debby about contacting the company and sending a photo. With the amount of copyright issues around this day, I'm afraid that designers and manufacturers are becoming less trusting which is understandable, but frustrating when someone is in the situation you are in. I can't believe that they won't be responding to you.

I do hope that you will stay with us and keep us updated on your progress, both in getting the right card and then in stitching the stocking. Looking forward to that. Are you working on any other projects while waiting for an answer?

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Aleida_034

Post by Aleida_034 »

It just so happens that I found that one at Value Village a little over 1 1/2 years ago. How do I get your email address so I can send you that key? I guess I had better check mine ...to see nothing is missing.
Aleida (Ontario, Canada)
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

ladyprof if you can send me a pm I'll forward your info on to Aleida and she can email you the key, if she has it. :)
Work in Progress
Various small designs

Aleida_034

Post by Aleida_034 »

Yes I do have it and could scan/email the colour key.
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Aleida_034 wrote:Yes I do have it and could scan/email the colour key.

That is great, let's hope she sees this :) Thank you :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Various small designs

Aleida_034

Post by Aleida_034 »

She and I are communicating now.
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Aleida_034 wrote:She and I are communicating now.
:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: That is awesome!!! :dance:
Work in Progress
Various small designs

DahliaDoll

Post by DahliaDoll »

What a great group here! Always so helpful!
My Blog: Crafting is My Busy-Ness

乁( •_• )ㄏ