Anyone interested in doing a card Exchange???

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Stephaniejane91

Anyone interested in doing a card Exchange???

Post by Stephaniejane91 »

I've never done an exchange before but really want too.

It seems that alot of the exchanges that happen on here are very regular but I would want to do a card exchange with an animal theme.

I'm not sure how to go about setting one up or if people like doing card exchanges. I do need some help doing one.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) I would love to receive stitched cards from other people!

Thank you :wub: x
Steph...x
Rose

Re: Wanting to take part in an exchange...help needed!

Post by Rose »

If you go to this thread......http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... 11&t=11165" target="_blank

It was set up to help people have a set of rule that they can follow so that the exchange gos well. We have not had an exchange for some time but they are always well come. With summer in full bloom you might not get as many participants as everyone gets busy with kids out of school, vacations, gardens and things like that. You are very welcome to ask for members to join your exchange and you should get some nice replies.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Stephaniejane91

Thanks rose :) really helps.

Is anyone interested in doing an exchange then?
Steph...x
Rose

Post by Rose »

I will change the Subject of this post so that members know that you are asking to form an exchange.

It will help others if you post a start date, a shipping date and any other information that you would like to share.....Theme, size, amount????
stitchingmae

Re: Anyone interested in doing a card Exchange???

Post by stitchingmae »

Do you mean like an Artist trading card size or like a stitched greeting card...Either way I have been thinking of wanting to do one...but have been working keeping up with planning the stitchy weekend at the end of this month so knew I didn't have time to be in charge of one. If needed after the end of this month I may can help with some of the planning as well....

I remember from stashmas one year it was a lot easier for it not to be a surprise from the sender and receiver....

people posted if they wanted to join and if they wanted to ship to their own area or anywhere...they then made a list like so...
memeber a us only
member B us only
member C anywhere
member d uk only
member e anywhere

etc etc and you got from the person on top and sent to the person on bottom...you were supposed to contact your sender to provide your mailing address....plus that way we don't have to share our addresses with more than one person....
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh that is a good question are you talking Trading Cards or Gift cards????? If you give an idea about the times. Starting time and delivery time I may have an interest in doing this.
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

I took it to mean Christmas cards.I'm on other bbs where there''s a card exchange at Christmas.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
Stephaniejane91

Rose wrote:Oh that is a good question are you talking Trading Cards or Gift cards????? If you give an idea about the times. Starting time and delivery time I may have an interest in doing this.

Like greeting cards. I would pick a theme and we all go along with it. You stitch any design you want as long as it fits in with the theme and make a card to send to your exchange partner!

Me and janny have decided to do a little on ourselves and I received a beautiful card from her at the weekend :)

If your interested then PM me. I've read on a few other cross stitch forums about these types of exchanges so I assumed they would happen on here but they don't seem to at all x
Steph...x
bluebird 13

Post by bluebird 13 »

Hi, I would be interested in this if you are still organising it :D
Laughin-Stitches

Post by Laughin-Stitches »

I wouldnt mind giving this a go if its happening? :wave:
~One Stitch At A Time~