How to do trees in cross stitch in pattern.

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

crossstitch

How to do trees in cross stitch in pattern.

Post by crossstitch »

I have a cross stitch pattern called winter barn by creative keepsakes ck 3001. I am doing it in 11 count thread.No directions with booklet
rcperryls

Re: How to do trees in cross stitch in pattern.

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! While there are usually some basic instructions on cross stitching with many patterns and booklets it isn't uncommon for the designer/supplier to assume you know some of the basics. And depending on where you got the pattern, some instructions may not have been included. Are you asking for specifics in how to cross stitch or on specifics for the pattern you mention? There are some excellent tutorials on line if you are new to cross stitch. Scarlet Quince:Solutions and Mary Corbet's Needlenthread are among my favorites. If you are asking about specific instructions for this pattern, I can't help you, but one of our members may be familiar with this design.

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with the chart myself. Having looked it up on the creative keepsakes site, the chart front page is:
Following Carole's input, I can't add anything to the SQ or MC pages, but will try to make suggestions if it's the chart that is not clear.
From the image, it looks as if the trunk and thicker branches of each tree are probably full crosses. For the thinner branches, they are probably back stitches, possibly using 3 threads closer to the trunk, and you could probably reduce the number of threads to 2 or 1 for the ends of the branches. When showing this sort of thing on a chart, full crosses are usually shown as a symbol in a square. Back stitches are usually shown by a line, sometimes the line is dotted or thicker than others. In the key, there is usually a section for back stitches, and if you cross reference the line thickness and/or dot pattern, you will probably find an entry that specifies the number of threads to use as well as the colour.

But, please remember, my suggestion is only based on a very tiny image, I do not know the chart, just hope what I say makes sense.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hi and welcome to the forum from the West of Scotland! :wave:

Does Creative Keepsakes as a company still exist? If so, you should be able to contact them and if you ask for instructions, you might be lucky? The fact that you have the picture, or access to one, is a help at least. Did it come as a kit (do you know what thread colours to use)?