(Important Message pg 1 top) Christmas Ornament Exchange

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Linda Rose

Well traveled ornamnet finds its way to the right home

Post by Linda Rose »

I have received my well traveled ornament from Debby (fccs) in Colorado and I am absolutely delighted with my gifts :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: The 'original' ornament that Debby stitched is an adorable two-sided Santa/Snowman expertly stitched over two threads. This ornament has made the trip from Colorado to Ontario twice now. The first time he was delivered about 40 houses down from my home and refused by the gentleman who lives there because, as he said explained, he was not Linda Rose. The ornament eventually made its way back to Debby, but not before she had completed a 'replacement' ornament for me. Very generously, Debby included both ornaments in her return package back to me. The 'replacement' ornament is the beautiful Joyeux Noel Christmas tree, stitched on 25 count fabric (I think) over 1 thread, using a specialty floss. The tree is designed with fleur-de-lys throughout and brings back fond memories of my younger life in the province of Quebec. It has a lovely stand for viewing other than on a tree. I will keep it as part of my dining room table centerpiece throughout the holidays.

Debby, you have been a real trooper throughout all the kerfuffle around the delivery of this precious package. Thank you for all of the extra work and effort you so graciously invested to make my Christmas so very special. You are a living example of all that is good and celebrated during the Christmas season. Thank you.

Linda
Linda Rose

A special thank you to Shannon

Post by Linda Rose »

Shannon,

Thank you so very much for hosting this year's Christmas ornament exchange and especially for communicating so well with me and Debby over the at one time missing ornament package. An ornament exchange that goes very well requires a lot of work and a great deal of time commitment. When all of a sudden things do not go according to plan, more work becomes necessary, and of course the potential for problems arises. Throughout the exchange of communications between the three of us you have been a most gracious, thoughtful and considerate moderator. Thank you for being brave enough to host the exchange and for all of the time you have invested to make it successful for everyone. May you have a very Merry Christmas and may the New Year be as kind and generous to you as you have been to us.
Linda
mauveme

Re: (Important Message pg 1 top) Christmas Ornament Exchange

Post by mauveme »

They are both wonderful. beautifully stitched and finished. :whoop:
Linda
fccs

Re: Well traveled ornamnet finds its way to the right home

Post by fccs »

Linda Rose wrote:I have received my well traveled ornament from Debby (fccs) in Colorado and I am absolutely delighted with my gifts :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: The 'original' ornament that Debby stitched is an adorable two-sided Santa/Snowman expertly stitched over two threads. This ornament has made the trip from Colorado to Ontario twice now. The first time he was delivered about 40 houses down from my home and refused by the gentleman who lives there because, as he said explained, he was not Linda Rose. The ornament eventually made its way back to Debby, but not before she had completed a 'replacement' ornament for me. Very generously, Debby included both ornaments in her return package back to me. The 'replacement' ornament is the beautiful Joyeux Noel Christmas tree, stitched on 25 count fabric (I think) over 1 thread, using a specialty floss. The tree is designed with fleur-de-lys throughout and brings back fond memories of my younger life in the province of Quebec. It has a lovely stand for viewing other than on a tree. I will keep it as part of my dining room table centerpiece throughout the holidays.

Debby, you have been a real trooper throughout all the kerfuffle around the delivery of this precious package. Thank you for all of the extra work and effort you so graciously invested to make my Christmas so very special. You are a living example of all that is good and celebrated during the Christmas season. Thank you.
I'm glad you like them. You're very close on the Joyeux Noel fabric - it's 28 count Jobelan. I did my fleur-de-lys tree on the same fabric, but over two. (Doing it over one was fun, and made me really appreciate my magnifier and light. :-) ) And that beautiful fiber was part of my Stashmas gift this year; it's Cottage Garden Threads (color is red carnation) and it was fabulous to work with.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Post by fccs »

I opened the second part of my Christmas ornament exchange present from katiespark:

I love it (and now I can be both naughty and nice - perfect). I hope mine turns out as nice as yours did!! I can't wait to start it!

Thank you, Katie!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Oh that's so cute.
Linda
Katiespark

Post by Katiespark »

Yay!!! :whoop:

So glad you like the coordinating ornament. I knew I couldn't get just one! Hope you have fun with it!

Cheers,
Katie
North Carolina, USA

WIPs:
Little Snap Dragon
Sweet Dreams (Anderson) -HAED
Allessandra Adelaide CT13

Recent Finishes
...yeah... about that... :lol:
millymolly

Post by millymolly »

Ornaments are all lovely :wub: gutted I missed out this year, will be back on track next!
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

fccs wrote:I opened the second part of my Christmas ornament exchange present from katiespark:

I love it (and now I can be both naughty and nice - perfect). I hope mine turns out as nice as yours did!! I can't wait to start it!

Thank you, Katie!

Very nice! I have looked at perforated paper ornaments for the first time this year and love the wide variety to choose from. I have made an on line order for a few for myself and included this Naughty one. Hopefully will have it ready to hang next year.
Linda