Stashmas Wish List

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Kute Kitty

Stashmas Wish List

Post by Kute Kitty »

As you've probably all seen, the Secret Stashmas Sign-up is now closed, so this is the place to post what you would like from your Stitching Santa! We're not guaranteeing that you'll get it, but something for your Santa to work from would be good and will hopefully prevent people getting gifts they won't use!

Remember, only post what you'd like if you're already signed up for Stashmas please!

Dear Stitching Santa,

I have been very good this year, and I have signed up for Secret Stashmas. For my stashmas gift this year I would like something a bit out of the ordinary - not just white 14 count aida (while very useful, not all that exciting), something a bit more fun :)

I'm really not keen on All Our Yesterdays designs, but otherwise I'm pretty much happy with anything :) I use aida and evenweave, I've got some linen but haven't tried using it yet, and I collect (and use!) both Anchor and DMC threads :)

Your turn!
Last edited by Kute Kitty on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law

Sarah Gixxer

Re: Stashmas Wish List

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

Dear Stitching Santa!

I've done my best to be good this year (don't know how well I did though!) :lol:

I can in general make use of absolutely anything, although regular DMC 6 stranded floss is always very useful to me - any colours welcome and the more black the better as I need 6 skeins of it for my upcoming HAED - and I'd love a really nice little pair of embroidery scissors - using great ungainly kitchen scissors at the moment! I like to store my floss on card bobbins and I can always use extra needles.

I like trying new things as well and would love to have a go with DMC satins and Eterna silks as demonstrated by Mabel!

Sarah
xx
Last edited by Sarah Gixxer on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
Rose

Post by Rose »

Dear Stashmas Enabler

I have been a good stitcher this year. I have completed many of the projects I set out to from my New Years Resolutions. :angel: I am not sure is it is possible (due to price restrictions) the aida fabric that have lurex thread to it, for the sparkle effect. I did find a bit of it on the Sew and Sew site.
http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ran470-0.html" target="_blank The first 2 are the ones I have an interest in the pearl and the silver.

Also I wouldn't mind a very cute snowman!!!! :wub:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Dear Father Stashmas
I've been a very good stitcher all year and well I'm not actually sure what I'd like to ask for as theres a few things that I'd like so instead if you don't mind I'll tell you a few things I'm interested in and then ask you to send me a suprise.

I like Pigs and Fantasy (Dragons Witches Wizard and Discworld) I like pretty threads and I want to try pretty linens and evenweave fabrics or qsnap frames (but I'm thinking they might be a bit out of budget). I also like pretty scissors or funky quick stitches like those from mouseloft.

I hope that helps Father Stashmas
Love
Dawn
Last edited by Dawn on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh I think I need to add that I do not do eavenweaves or linens so please do not send these to me as I would not have a use.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Dear Father Stashmas, I too have been good (well somewhat :oops: ).
On my wish list is

I have seen some Aida shortcuts(14ct) with different colours in the pack (just great for biscornu)
I just love love Rainbow Gallery metalics and would like a couple of more colours--ie purple, red, green..
I'd love some white Fuzzy Stuff (rainbow gallery FZ15)
Dinky Dyes in the purple range. (tryng it out for cirque de circles)
Evenweave (28ct) in soft colours (even an assortment of small cuts)
#26 gold needles (I am breaking mine at an alarming rate :oops: )
I dont like linen and I have LOTS of scissors.
And I use DMC . But would like some of the extreme varigated threads to try i

Lots of suggestions there so I can have a nice surprise.
This is great fun. :dance:
Last edited by mauveme on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
crazycat

Post by crazycat »

Dear Stitching Santa,

I have been very good this year,im not sure what to ask for but to give you an idea of what i like and want to try i thought of a few.
i would like some pretty evenweaves (no aida please or linen)
some pretty threads to try i really want to try satins or silks. i love purple.
like dawn i love fantasy fairys witches wizards and dragons i know these are out of budget but it gives you an idea of the sort of stuff
i like (no flower faires i prefer the more gothic stuff gothic stuff)
i promise to be a good stitcher and stitch lots of nice things and actually finish what i have started before i do something new (mini projects excluded)
love
Crazycat
http://stitchycorner.blogspot.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wip
Celtic fairy
StitchingMel

Post by StitchingMel »

Dear Santa Stashmas

I have been good(ish) this year in that I haven't bought EVERYTHING I want :D :D, however, on a recent loft expedition I did find my half-completed Midnight Enchanter and would like the accompanying Alluring Sorceress and I promise to complete them both before the next Stashmas AND post piccies on the SAL. I also luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurv baby pink and baby blue Aida (preferrably about 16 count) or some rectangular white aperture cards. As an "Anchor" girl, DMC isn't really much use to me but, other than that, I am much appreciative of anything I receive.

:wub: :wub: :wub:
Mel xxx
WIP:

Winnie the Pooh afghan - 30% complete (3 of 10 squares)
DMC Wishing on a Star - 50% complete
Maria Diaz - Newborn - 0.6% complete (110 of 16698)

Completed:

Miffy Afghan

Other Projects:

Me to You latch hook rug
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

dear secret stashmas givee (i made a word up :dance: )

I have been a complete angel this year, and only have 2 wips on the go (hehe) I promise I will finish them!!

I'm not sure what I would like. I love Lizzie Kate designs!! I have NO metallics (well apart from the blue/silver one the was free with woxs) so some of those will be useful. I am an DMC and Aida girl, but after doing the cut thru' I love maderia (i really cannot spell) threads. Some cards will be useful. and donkeys/daffodils/clouds/pink/disney are good as well.

But I will be happy with whatever I recieve :dance:
StitchingMel

Post by StitchingMel »

bert wrote:I promise that I will be good for the rest of the year and beyond, and not buy anything from my list (though I might get a few kits I've seen)
Is that a promise you can keep :wink: :P

Mel x
WIP:

Winnie the Pooh afghan - 30% complete (3 of 10 squares)
DMC Wishing on a Star - 50% complete
Maria Diaz - Newborn - 0.6% complete (110 of 16698)

Completed:

Miffy Afghan

Other Projects:

Me to You latch hook rug
Angel

Post by Angel »

Dear Secret Santa,

I try to be a good girl, but I don't always manage it. But my teachers always said that trying was the most important thing, although I do suspect they meant with work rather than life.

I don't really know what I want because I enjoy getting surprises far too much to make an actual list. But a surprise that will never get used is perhaps a bit pointless for you to buy, so I offer up some suggestions and hope it helps you choose.

I dislike 14 count aida unless it has a sparkle. I much prefer the higher counts and evenweave pleases me more than aida. I like pretty colours and things thhat sparkle and shine. Although I do not like DMCs light effects threads and regard them as demons.

I am a girly girl and love all things cute and sweet. I am a fan of canyfloss pink and squishy little bunnies. But whatever you get me oh secret one, I am sure I will enjoy it. Just so long as it's not a creepy crawly or scary nasty spider.

I hope this helps you in your choice and you do not get lost in the stash shop on my behalf.

Love
Angel
kerbear879

Post by kerbear879 »

Dear Stitching Santa,

Well I have been good most the year. I certainly didn't spend all my money on cross stitch supplies although I probably could have!

Since I'm trying to build up my DMC floss stash at the moment, any colors of 6 strand regular DMC floss would be very much appreciated. I also like to store all my floss on stitchbows so those always come in handy!

I also love all things cats! Hope this is somewhat helpful on deciding if I have been good enough for a surprise!

:wub: :wub: :wub:
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
Kute Kitty

Post by Kute Kitty »

Keep a close eye on your PMs ladies, you should all be hearing from either myself or Dawn in the next couple of days with a request for your address (or any address that you're happy for gifts to be sent to, this can be work if it's more convenient) and the name of the person you're buying for! Try not to spill the name of the person you're buying for, we are trying to keep this as *secret* stashmas!
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law

lwelizabeth

Post by lwelizabeth »

Secret Stashma Giver

I have been a good girl this year, although I do have quite a few kits needing to get finished. I promise to finish them before next years secret stashma's! I am a DMC girl, and loking to build up my stash of DMC threads so a variety of DMC colors are much appreciated. I'm sure I could find a use for any threads you send me, DMC or other, though. I also love all kinds of dolphin designs, as well as ballet designs although I prefer the ballet designs not to be too cutesy, or cartoonish. I haven't much worked with any other fabric but Aida, so I can't say I've much of a preference there. I'm an easy, go with the flow kind of gal, so anything you send I'll find a use for so don't worry if you can't find anything helpful from this little letter. [However, I do not like fairies, angels, or gothic-type stuff of any kind.]
Current Projects:Majestic Eagle
Finished: See Hear Speak Love, Pooh 123
Blog: Speakin Up Now

Wake up every morning with the thought that something wonderful is about to happen.
Krissy

Post by Krissy »

Dear Stashmas Santa,

I have been good this year. I try not to spend too much but can't help myself sometimes. I like dragons, wizards and celestial patterns. I mainly use DMC and aida. I don't use linen or evenweave. I don't really use metallics all that much, although recently I've aquired a pattern book or two that calls for Glissengloss rainbow metallics. I hope this helps!!

Thanks,
Krissy
http://www.youravon.com/kristinabowser" target="_blank

Current WIPs:
Happily Ever After
Santa's Buddies Stocking
Crafter's Corner Stocking
Princesses
kymbaker

Post by kymbaker »

Dear Stitching Santa,

Well I have tried to be good although I'm not sure I've succeed.

Has i have only just got back into Cross Stitch after a few years break I am trying to build up a stash so would be very greatful for anything to help with this. Although I do prefer Anchor threads and if it were to be a kit I love animals.

most of all i would just like a suprise.

thank you
agi

Post by agi »

Dear Stash Santa,

I have been trying really hard to be good, I am not sure how much I succeeded...

I am not sure what to ask for. I have quite a small stash, just a few types and pieces of fabric (and those courtesy of Mabel, too), and about half of the DMC colours. So that means basically anything would be really appreciated.

I would just love a nice surprise. :wub: Thanks.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

Dear Stash Santa,

I've been very good this year. I've stuck to my diet and I've survived most of my son's terrible two's without causing him harm :lol: and I've dealt with my 11 yo entering into puberty. Ive stood by my hubby as he's quit smoking and being diagnosed diabetic...and I still managed to stitch..perhaps to stay sane!

So I am in need of fabric..24ct, 18ct 16ct..any color..
anything christmas..love stitching ornaments..

but anything would be lovely
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
grub72

Post by grub72 »

Dear Stash Santa,

i have been trying to be good by doing all of my projects and getting them finished in time
What i would like is some Aida any colour and DMC threads please, just a little list, as this is my first and i dont want to be too greedy. :D :lol:
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
Daesania

Post by Daesania »

Dear Santa,

I promise I was a bad girl this year, but only bad because I was good ;)

I could really go for some more plastic bobbins and number stickers as my stash is quite increasing and I have numerous projects going on - and out of bobbins and stickers. Otherwise, I am very gracious to receive any type of new metallic type of thread (especially xmas colors as I will be doing some cards and that would be a lovely touch), or some aida!

Edited to add: I also forgot to mention, I love tree frogs (like the red eyed tree frogs, not the cartoon kinda frogs) and tinkerbell!!
Last edited by Daesania on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Etsy: http://froggycreations.etsy.com" target="_blank