Hello from FL!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

VA_stitcher

Hello from FL!

Post by VA_stitcher »

Hi all, new to this site and not entirely sure how it all works but I thought I'd give it a shot. I cross stitched a little bit when I was a kid but I recently got back into it. I'm 24, so I am a little rusty and never really learned the lingo and all. I hope to share projects with you all and see what you guys have going on!

I recently finished up a little My Little Pony project of Pinkie Pie for me sister which turned out alright. I had to modify the layout quite a bit and a lot of the colors were just totally off but I went ahead and finished it anyways. I just got Thomas Kinkade's Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream and plan on starting that soon. From what I have seen online, it takes people literally years to finish so I am a little intimidated! Hopefully I can stay motivated to finish it!
rcperryls

Re: Hello from FL!

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! This is the best place to be if you are looking for encouragement and motivation. We love to encourage each other. If you look in the Tips and Tricks section you will see a glossary. It is a great place to go when you want to find out what a phrase or abbreviation means. I would give you the link but I'm not that great at doing that when I'm typing on a tablet. :oops:
And always feel free to just ask. Someone will either know the answer or have an idea of where to go to find the answer. I hope you will post pictures of your projects. We love pictures! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. I hope you'll share pictures of your work. There are several of us who have done or are doing the Disney Kinkade pieces. I did the 5x7 Little Mermaid and I have the full sized Lion King.

Don't let the size of a project intimidate you. Remember it's just a stitch at a time, regardless of how many there are. And many of us have more than one WIP, so if you start to feel overwhelmed by one, take a break from it and pick up another. I've also found that taking daily pictures helps. When I don't feel I've accomplished much, I can compare the current with the previous picture and it proves me wrong (most of the time...sometimes I really don't accomplish much :D ).
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Greetings from another Floridian!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

littleturtlegirl

Post by littleturtlegirl »

Welcome to the forum from Virginia! :wave:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi and Welcome from sunny Brisbane its great that you have joined us. Please don't feel intimidated by the size of a project, you can always set it aside and do a few small ones in between whiles. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
brandilynb

Post by brandilynb »

Hello! Welcome to the forum. I am from Arkansas.
sami51311

Post by sami51311 »

Hi I'm from FL too! :sun: : :sun: :sun:
sami
WIP
Four Seasons Chairs Design By Diana Thomas