Hello from Northern California

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kathyrineparks

Hello from Northern California

Post by kathyrineparks »

Hello

I am new to this site and new to any sort of forums. I have been cross stitching since I was about 16. My grandma taught me and I have been obsessed ever since.

This year I plan to do 4 big projects. Two wedding announcements both large, both to match my friends wedding colors and schemes, and two 5x7 birth announcements. I am currently working on a Nightmare before Christmas themed project witch I have turned into a wedding announcement. It has not been my favorite. I would love to share but I'm not sure how to post just yet.

I look forward to reading everyone's post and seeing some of the projects that are being done.

Sincerely,
Katie
:ratherbe:
rcperryls

Re: Hello from Northern California

Post by rcperryls »

Hi Katie! Welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Take your time to learn the forum. Browsing through the different sections and forums is a great way to get to know us. Your projects sound exciting. We love pictures and would love to see your work. Posting Pictures into a Thread will explain how to do that. If you have any questions just ask. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Rose

Post by Rose »

What part of Nor Cal are you in???? I am between Gilroy and Hollister. If you are not to far you may want to join our Stitching Group. We meet once a month at different places around the Bay Area. It is a great group and loads of fun. PM me if you are in the general area and have an interest.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi and Welcome from me too in chilly Brisbane where the sun is trying to shine. Its great to have you on the forum. Looking forward to seeing your current stitching - it sounds interesting. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
kathyrineparks

Post by kathyrineparks »

Hello everybody nice to meet you all. I am from the Redding area of California its about 3 hours from the Oregon border. I read about posting pictures and read to do it I start on Photobucket. I will have to figure that out. The good news since I just moved I have my laptop out and running so it should be easier to do on here then my phone. Lol.

My current project is such a pain. I can't wait to share with everybody. Its turning out awesome if I may say so :).

Once again nice meeting you all.

Katie Parks
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh yes I have been through Redding many times when we used to go up to the in-laws in Oregon. It is a nice area!!!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

hello and welcome from Italy :wave:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
kathyrineparks

Post by kathyrineparks »

I have finally given the cross stitch I just finished to my friends and as I promised I would share it with you guys. It turned out amazing and the picture doesnt really give it justice. This was a pattern ordered off Etsy. I added the red in the heart using the metallic floss and I added the lyrics to the song and their names. The lyrics are done in Red and White metallic DMC and their names is done in the purple and silver metallic DMC I truely love it although it gave me nothing but problems the whole way through. And my friends loved it even more.

with love Katie

fccs

Post by fccs »

What a great gift!!! I'm sure they'll treasure it always.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: That is a truly lovely gift and so much more meaningful with your personal touches. I'm sure your friends will love it always.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: What an awesome gift!!! :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: A very special and awesome gift beautifully stitched. The frame is just right for it too. Gorgeous and thank you so much for sharing it with us. :lol: :dance: :dance:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
kathyrineparks

Post by kathyrineparks »

Thank you all for your kind comments. They really did love it. I hated the thing while I was working on it. I had problems all the way through it. But I knew they would love it so I finished it and gave it to them and they did. Made it all worth it.

Starting my new project tonight. A baby announcement. Has a baby owl and babys name. Pretty excited for it.

Katie
:ratherbe: