Hello from the sun-kissed state

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Breezed

Hello from the sun-kissed state

Post by Breezed »

Hi fellow cross stitchers. I am from Naples, FL. I used to cross stitch with my mom when I was a tween through early teens then I got too cool for that. Now 40 years old, I figure I can pick it up again without losing my cool status. :whoop: It seems to be like riding a bike...I picked it up easily with little effort. I am a crazy reader, vegetarian, quilter, knitter, and crocheter, and a preschool teacher. I have a man, two dogs, two cats, and 2 pigs and we share a wonderful life.
karen4bells

Re: Hello from the sun-kissed state

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi and Welcome from me in lovely fresh and cool Brisbane - its great to have you along. What an interesting house full you have there. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum - where all the cool kids hang out. You have quite the menagerie - I bet there's never a dull moment in your home. What kinds of designs and projects do you like?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Hello & welcome from North Wales. Hope you enjoy being on here. I knit as well as cross stitch as do some others on here . Many have more than one craft they enjoy. Also animal lovers a-plenty so you should soon make friends Look forward to seeing photos of your work :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave: Pigs! :dance: Wish we had room for a pair.
lillybit

Post by lillybit »

My late husband was a pig farmer and coming from a farming background myself I've been an emergency foster mum to many young animals but it is the pigs that always got me going. Later in life he bred cats and by the time he passed he was down to just 2 cats. One died then I had to have his stud cat put down and I remained cat/pet free for just over 5 yeas before a dear friend had to go into care and was worried about her cat who I had been feeding while she was in hospital. It would not be correct to say I'm now the owner of her cat - much nearer the truth is that I'm now owned and sometimes feel bullied by Frankie, who was her cat. :tizzy: :tizzy:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, they do say that cats have servants! I wonder if pigs view humans in the same light?
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Hello from me in SW France....we get wild pigs in the garden....but they're not the Cute Domestic variety!!! These are Wild Pigs or Sanglia. Make good eating but not good pets! In fact they are quite dangerous when roused....don't get between them and their exit!! :shock: The piglets are quite sweet though...,stripey and fluffy! :D
Breezed

Post by Breezed »

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I have completed two projects so far; framed the first one and gifted it. Second one still needs pressing and framing. Where do we post finished projects? I don't see a board dedicated to that.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome from South Carolina! Great to have you here. You should find yourself right at home with your variety of crafts and variety of four footed family members. Many of us are owned by cats, dogs, birds, rats (the pet variety), horses to name just a few.

Usually we post pictures of our projects in the Stitch-A-Long section. You can start a thread for a single project or post pictures of many projects in a single thread. A lot of us do both with larger projects getting their own thread and smaller ones grouped together. Once you have 10 posts you can view the Forum Gallery and start one of your own.

Looking forward to getting to know you

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Breezed

Post by Breezed »

thank you rcperryls