New Recruit!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

loucee

New Recruit!

Post by loucee »

Hi I'm new to the forum. I'm a mum of three and have been stitching for thirteen years, and though I do enjoy other crafts and hobbies stitching is my favourite. I also like knitting, baking, reading, music, cardmaking, letter-writing, and would love to learn crochet and quilting but haven't found the time yet - not enough hours in the day syndrome! I know the crafting community is very tight-knit (excuse the pun) so I'm looking forward to being here among like-minded individuals :)
rcperryls

Re: New Recruit!

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi loucee! and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! We are looking forward to having you here. Sounds like you are able to stay more than busy with family and hobbies. Be warned that besides encouraging your stitching, which we will do a lot of, we are also pretty good at encouraging stash accumulation, a pastime in its own right for some of us. What types of projects do you like to stitch? I hope you will post pictures for us to see. We love pictures!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello loucee and welcome to the forum
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum.

What type(s) of designs do you like to stitch? I hope you'll share pictures of your WIP's with us.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome to the forum, loucee! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here and am looking forward to seeing what you're working on.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
loucee

Post by loucee »

Thanks for the kind welcomes guys, don't worry I already had a stash addiction before I got here! I now limit myself to the kits and charts on my to do list before buying any more, or I'll have to live to three hundred just to finish them! I like a variety of different styles and projects. My favourite designer is Joan Elliot, I love her use of colour and attention to detail, and her designs are instantly recognisable. I like to stitch for the home mostly, I have at least five samplers in my kitchen! I've also done cushions, keyrings, cards and hangings, and I love to stitch Christmas decorations. I tend to stick to larger designs, and don't have a specific "type" of design that I stick to, I've done more traditional designs and also modern projects. I have about ten unfinished designs on the go at any one time and I rotate them though I have to admit some of them get put aside for months at a time! :( I am from Scotland (in case you were wondering why my spelling of colour and favourite is wrong haha!). Lovely to be here and I'm sure I'll soon feel right at home. I'll sort out pics of some of my projects ASAP, as soon as I read the section on how to add pictures! :D
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi loucess and Welcome from me in coolish Brisbane, its great to have you along. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West West! :wave:
loucee wrote: I am from Scotland (in case you were wondering why my spelling of colour and favourite is wrong haha!).
And don't let anyone say you can't spell! ;-) Since it's a UK forum, it's all of them colonists that can't spell. :king: (And I should know, being a former colonist myself.)
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Welcome to the forum from E yorks
fccs

Post by fccs »

Serinde wrote: Since it's a UK forum, it's all of them colonists that can't spell. :king: (And I should know, being a former colonist myself.)
@rotfl: @rotfl:
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
CarrieGF

Post by CarrieGF »

Welcome fellow Celt, from a sunny (for a change) Ireland!
You will fit in very nicely with this group - looking forward to seeing your pictures of your WIP's
Smile & the whole world smiles with you
Cry & you cry alone
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Welcome from VT, USA from a Canadian who also spells them "colour" and "favourite" not to mention "neighbour" :)
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Hello & welcome. Hope you enjoy being on here. Everyone is friendly & helpful :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

Hello from Texas, and welcome!
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
toosweetforme

Post by toosweetforme »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm just now learning my way around the board and meeting people.