Cross stitch magazines and patterns

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

BHensby

Cross stitch magazines and patterns

Post by BHensby »

I have registered on behalf of my mother who is disabled. She is no longer able to cross stitch due to parkinsons and I am trying to find someone that would be interested in having her mags and patterns. Free no charge or a donation to Joshua Tree in northwich. Please pm me.

edited by rcperry
rcperryls

Re: Cross stitch magazines and patterns

Post by rcperryls »

Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina. I am sorry to hear that your mother is no longer able to stitch and admire you for wanting to share her patterns/magazines rather than just throwing them out, which so many people do. I edited your post because you had included your phone number. This is a public forum and any and every one has access to it so we are careful to not put addresses, phone numbers and personal emails on here. When we need to share that information, we use the private message process.

Have you thought about donating the patterns/magazines to a charity shop? A lot of stitchers have found designs they were looking for and could not get any other way. Retirement and nursing homes are another option as many of the residents there are still able to stitch, despite possibly needing other types of assistance.

I hope you find good homes for the patterns.

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado. I'm sorry to hear your mom can't stitch any more, but I think it's great that you're trying to find good homes for her stuff. There might be someone here who can take advantage of your offer.

Even though your mom can't stitch, maybe she'd enjoy looking around the forum to see some of the projects we are all working on or have finished.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland to you and your mum! :wave:

Another option is to see if Joshua Tree was any ideas for fundraising using these magazines/patterns. But in the meantime, can you give us an idea of which magazines (like Cross Stitcher, for example) they are and which patterns? It's amazing how stitchers are always on the lookout for that one, lost design they wish they had done years ago!
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Hello & welcome from North Wales. I too am sorry to hear about your mother & it is great you are willing to give these magazines & patterns away free of charge. I often get lovely charts/magazines from charity shops but there are also other suggestions here. As Serinde has said if you are able to list magazine titles & name the patterns it would be a big help. But you may decide to donate them to a local charity shop in your area or go with one of the other suggestions on here.

Hoping your mother is as comfortable as she can be as that is an awful disease.
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Anita001

Post by Anita001 »

I would love to have any magazines and or patterns that you may left if your Mom’s. I know this has to be hard but giving away the magazines is the best.
Thanks for doing this
Anita
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

This was first posted at the Beginning Of 2016!

"BHensby" only came onto the forum once so I doubt that these magazines are still available :thinks:

*hint*
When looking at an entry post have a look at the date posted.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

:doh: :doh:
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

I've heard it called 'Necroposting", where a post is made long after death & burial of the thread.

We all do it once in a while.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I rarely look at the posted date first so yeah, I've done it a few times. It does show, though, that folks are actually using the Search feature, which is a good thing.

WIP