Hello everyone from a Disney fan!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rachieb

Hello everyone from a Disney fan!

Post by Rachieb »

Hey guys just thought I'd introduce myself as Im new here! My names Rachel,24 and I'm from Cheltenham. I'm new to cross stitch and totally loving every minute of it so far! Iv mainly done Disney cross stitches (anything Disney is a winner for me!) but want to start to create my own, so I was wondering if anyone has any tips on where to start ect! Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to meeting you all! :dance:
Always hold you head high my darling.
rcperryls

Re: Hello everyone from a Disney fan!

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum and to cross stitching! We have a lot of Disney lovers here and quite a few projects taking place. I hope you will post pictures of your work. We love pictures! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Welcome to the forum.

I confess I'm not too sure that I understand what you want to do. Do you want to find more cross stitch charts or possibly create your own from scratch?
If you want to find more charts, there is a heck of a range. For fairly standard charts try http://www.cross-stitch-heaven.co.uk/cr ... ts-9-c.asp. There are many other companies that do similar stuff.
For moderately ambitious charts of modern images there is Heaven & Earth Designs: http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/
For some very ambitious charts based on out of copyright images: http://www.scarletquince.com/index.php and http://www.goldenkite.com/index.php/

If you, like me, can't find exactly what you want because it's a little different or not quite what anyone else wants, then consider creating your own charts. There is software out there (PCStitch, PatternMaker and my own freebie BlendThreads available through my signature) which means you can convert almost any digital image into a chart, or use the editors within the software to create a design from scratch.

Hope this helps you to focus a little closer on exactly what you want. When I came to this forum I knew I was sure there was 'more to cross stitch' than I was doing, I just had no idea what that could be. The kind people here have helped a lot, and my pictures have been utterly transformed.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Welcome fellow Disneyphile!
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Rachel and Welcome from me too it is good that you have joined us. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

Hi Rachel, welcome from Washington state! I've actually been to Cheltenham, it's been years, but I loved it over there. We stayed in Newnham for about 10 days at the Victoria Hotel (I think it's closed now, I remembering hearing that recently) and visited all over that area. It was the best vacation I've ever been on, I just loved it. You're very lucky to live in such a gorgeous area!

I'm new to this forum too (a couple months new, anyway) and I've already learned a ton from these wonderful people. Welcome!
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Hello from another Disney fan! I also adore Disney pieces. In addition to the designs I have purchased in the theme parks, I have also been able to find charts on eBay and Etsy. Occasionally, I see something that has not been charted before. You can always e-mail the artist and ask for permission to chart it yourself. I have had good success with this as long as I agree not to sell or distribute the chart in any way. I have also connected with artists on Deviantart and received permission to chart their designs for my personal use. The copyright laws are watched very closely with Disney lawyers, so asking permission for personal use only seems to bring me the greatest success.

I'm glad you've joined us. I can't wait to see you posting pictures and updates. We're a very supportive group, so jump right in.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Hello & welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy being on this forum & look forward to seeing some of your work when you have time to post it on here :)
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

And a slightly belated welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave: :cold:
Theresa39

Post by Theresa39 »

Hey! I've just joined too. Didn't even know there was clubs like this online. Hope to get advice from u and vice versa :)
:)
Rachieb

Re: Hello everyone from a Dinsney fan!

Post by Rachieb »

thank you for all of your lovely warm welcomes! Hope everyone is well!
Iv been focusing on a lovely Disney peice called 'Snow White discovers the cottage' and so far I'm really enjoying it! It's the most complex stitch iv done so it's taking me a while to do it BUT I'm determined to completed it and make it look some what ok!

Pictures to be uploaded soon! :whoop:
Always hold you head high my darling.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Looking forward to seeing your pictures! I'm sure the piece will be fine. Remember no matter how complex a design seems, it is still one stitch at a time!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. I'm another Disney fan - there are quite few of us here. I hope you'll share pics of your WIP.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends