Hello - I'm new

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Helcat

Hello - I'm new

Post by Helcat »

Hello All

I found this place when googled about HEAD designs of which I am desperate to get but I have told myself I HAVE to finish a similar design that I bought about 10 years ago (actually, possibly longer - maybe 15+)

I am a bit of a serial hobbyist and go through phases of knitting, sewing, crocheting and cross-stich. I'd not done cross-stitch in a good few years but when we lost two of our three cats in the space of 6 weeks last year I needed something to distract myself with and I decided to bring this back from the loft.

I don't have any details on it (and I can't post a photo yet) but the pattern came from a website called Cathie's Cupboard and has a dragon, castle, unicorn and heroine (and is 28 pages long). I think I had managed 4 pages before I put it away so I am really pleased that I am on the home stretch with only 2 pages left to go.

I am looking forward to being a member of this happy community and asking lots of advice when I get to the point when I can purchase my first HAED. Please be gentle with me if I am asking stupid questions :)
rcperryls

Re: Hello - I'm new

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I am sorry to hear that losing two cats brought you back to cross stitching, but know how helpful this craft can be as you recover from your loss. I'm glad that you found us and hope that you will post lots of pictures so we can admire and encourage your work. Check out our "All Other Crafts" section and you will discover that we have quite a few members with multiple talents as well.

Ask away! No such thing as a stupid question here. Whatever questions you have, someone will either know the answer or have a pretty good idea of where to go to find an answer. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave: We love our newbies, so don't be shy. :D
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. I was so sad to hear about your kitties, but isn't it wonderful how therapeutic cross stitch is?

And ask away - there is no such thing as a stupid question and we were all newbies at one point. I've been stitching for a few decades (!) and I'm still learning here.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Hello & welcome. Sorry your 2 cats died in such a short space of time. It is bad enough when one pet dies but you must have felt really distraught when the 2nd cat went too. Glad you have picked up cross stitch again & hope you will show us what you create :)
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave: great to have you with us :)
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi and Welcome from me too in soggy Brisbane, its great that you found us. :wave:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: Welcome from me in Sunny SW France 8)

Don't worry about how long things take to finish or if you have Loads of UFO's ....you'll be in good company as we all have our 'guilty corners' :lol: I Certainly have! :wink:
poppy

Post by poppy »

Hello and welcome! :tea: :cake:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Helcat

Post by Helcat »

Thank you all for the warm welcome :o

I should list my UFOs as well. Annoyingly I have one which I think will always be a UFO as I seem to have lost the chart ...

It's a Winnie the Pooh height chart that I started when my friend announced her first pregnancy (he turns 12 this year and is at grammar school) .... I've tried looking online but not really managed to find it. I'd be happy to buy it again if I could ...

I now only have 1 1/2 pages to go - started talking about where it is going to hang once it's framed.
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Welcome to the forum! I, too, am a serial hobbyist. I do seem to have settled in on mostly cross stitching and quilting. I hope you enjoy it here. We are a pretty happy and positive bunch. I look forward to seeing pictures of your progress on your projects.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

Hello and welcome from central Scotland and from another serial hobbyist. :D

Looking forward to seeing your work.
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
KristyReed1982

Post by KristyReed1982 »

Welcome for Blairsville, Georgia! Sorry to hear about you kitties :( it is always hard when you lose a pet. But, I am glad that you came back to the cross stitching world :whoop:
Kristy :ratherbe:

:wip:
Dimensions Twilight Angel
Thomas Kinkade Mountain Retreat
Hanukkah Doves
Names of Jesus

Finishes :whoop: :dance:
Bookmark
Autumn Gift Exchange
Doreen

Post by Doreen »

Welcome, I too am a cat lover and have had many cats come and go. I am distraught when they die, but for you two in a short period of time must have been terrible. One good thing that you can always rely on some cross stitching to keep your mind occupied and hands busy.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

Doreen from Somerset UK
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Hello and welcome :wave:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow