Dmc/kreinik

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Jejeabaredes

Dmc/kreinik

Post by Jejeabaredes »

Hi i just want to ask about my thread instructions on my crosstich. It says DMC/kreinik for example, blanc/032. What thread should i use? Should i combine the dmc and kreinik?
Serinde

Re: Dmc/kreinik

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to the forum from the West of Scotland! :wave:

Ah, yes, Kreinik 032, which is a pearl metallic. Which variation of 032 are you using -- blending filament or #4 very fine braid?

It would seem that you are being asked to combine your white thread with the metallic -- two threads in the needle -- which is very common and leads to a very subtle sparkly result. If you have never stitched this way, there are tricks! (stop you from being driven mad).
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I love the subtle sparkle that mixing Kreinik with a strand of floss gives a design. It's important to know if the design is asking for blending filament or braid. I made a mistake when I first stitched a project that called for #4 braid and used two strands of filament. Didn't have a clue that there were different types of metalic threads. It looked really pretty, but was a real pain to stitch. I hope that you will stay and show us pictures of your project. We do love pictures.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi :wave: and Welcome from me too. The blending filament makes the stitch look really pretty. It is not hard to work with either. Looking forward to seeing this project.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262