LazuyyLizarda formerly known as Ayna

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

LazyLizarda

LazuyyLizarda formerly known as Ayna

Post by LazyLizarda »

So sorry about the gap since I last posted: we have now moved from the family home near Tunbridge Wells having downsized to a two bedroom retirement apartment in Cranbrook. If you don't know this part of England, Cranbrook is about 16 miles south of Tunbridge Wells in the middle of the so called 'garden of England' part of Kent. It is an old settlement, was a market town, is the smallest town in Kent and is so pretty that it can seem unreal, a bit like a Holywood construct, but it is a functioning town with lots of individaul shops and, in the High Street area, there are very few chain stores and those that are there (Costa Coffee, a Lloyds Pharmacy chemist, and a betting shop spring to mind), are situated in original shop units and are quite discreet in appearance. There is just one newish supermarket ( a Co-op) purpose built but invisible from the High Street reached from a turning off the High Street into an attractively set, large, free car park - (for all users) with the store at the rear. It is very useful, the stock is varied with many quality lines and its presence keeps many local people shopping for essentials in Cranbrook rather than travelling away to reach the big name supermarkets. We both feel at home here and are expecting to be very happy. I have joined the local, excellent library's, Reading Group and am also very pleased to have found a monthly Italian class held in a gracious looking house just opposite the small block in whch we now live. There is also a swimming pool not far away but I haven't yet visited and will probably not do so until half term when our 13 year old grandson is coming to stay and he knows all about my mobility problem and will help me to get there and back easily and with confidence in my ability to revisit alone after that. (Husband does not swim). We are only 2 miles drive from Sissinghurst Castle Gardens which have long been a special place for me.

When I tried to use this forum again after a break of about 7/8 weeks during which we were almost totally ninvolved wth preparation for sale and purchase, finding a removal firm that could accommodate us at very short notice, actually moving and then settling into our new home, I found that, once again, there was no memory of my having been a signed in member, so I could not post.!!!! so, I sent by email a heartfelt plea to the administrator and Alex sorted out access. Long may it last!!!
fccs

Re: LazuyyLizarda formerly known as Ayna

Post by fccs »

Welcome back. Your new neighborhood sounds fabulous.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Welcome back. Sounds great where you live & hope you & your DH will be very happy living there :D Also hope you will enjoy your crafting again.

I got locked out too, hence me adding (2) on the end of original name,

Hope to see some of your work when you have time to post it on here :)
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Welcome Back and hopefully Alex's magic will keep you logged in now. What a lovely town you now live in, I would love to join you there, it sounds great. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote:Welcome Back and hopefully Alex's magic will keep you logged in now. What a lovely town you now live in, I would love to join you there, it sounds great. :)
I agree completely! Glad to have you back!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

good to see you settled again. :dance:

It sounds like a Perfect small English town. I hope you''ll be happy there! :D
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Sounds hellish - anyone seen the film 'Hot Fuzz'? It's been on TV, so must be true. :wink:

Anyway, glad the move is settling down a bit. Hopefully the accounts can be merged otherwise will have to remember you as Anya too.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Glad we didn't have to send out the search parties! :P (But you'll always be Anya.)
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Welcome back Ayna! Cranbrook sounds beautiful, and I'm so glad you are back. :D
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »