Hello all, I am new

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Hilly

Hello all, I am new

Post by Hilly »

Hello there, I just wandered in here and decided to register. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.
I am Hilly, a 43 years old Icelandic woman, I am a stay at home mom to three children, I also have a step daughter and a grandson. My kids are 9 and 6, we also have a pet bird, a cocatiel named Skvisa. It is new and untamed but we are getting her to sit on a finger now. I love to do crafts of all kinds, mostly though cross stitch and patchwork. Here in Iceland everything to do with crafts is very expensive and hard to find so perhaps I am not doing as much as I´d like to but I manage.
Have a wonderful day all,,
Hilly.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hi there Hilly, and welcome.

You will find everyone very friendly and (usually) chatty -- having said that, it's been a pretty quiet day. I just looked in, but have to go! Sorry about that. But you have lots of entries to catch up with in the meantime.

I'm sure everyone will be really interested to hear about Iceland. Isn't there a friendship quilt being done there which incorporates all sorts of panels from all over the world? (Am I imagining this?!?) :?:
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Welcome Hilly

You will love this forum and you will met some wonderful people i am always looking for epals from other parts of the world who are interested in the same things so drop me aline if you like.

As well as cross stitch i too am a pet parent, to a quaker parrot ( slightly larger than the cockateil as well as 2 button quails. at one time i also had four lover birds and 2 budgies but they all died this past year (2005). i am also experienced in bird training so if you have any questions in that area also please feel free to drop me a line.

Debbie

email: fudowpugs@hotmail.com
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Welcome Hilly

It seems that we are becoming quite an international group. I am in Saudi Arabia, where I spend most of my time but home for me is Scotland.