hi guys

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I hope you are a lot better now.

The forum should have a map with pins in so we can see at a glance the forum spreading around the world!
emar

Post by emar »

ha ha ha, another Lithuanian joins :)
Hello everyone!
Let's see, what we have here :)
bagpuss

Map

Post by bagpuss »

Morning Serinde,

That is a good idea. Why not drop alex an email with the idea. I am sure he can come up with something. We seem to be getting busy now. So, any ideas like yours are probably best sent direct via an email to alex or myself.

Otherwise, as with the last couple of days, one us may miss the thread.

I am a lot better thank you. Sadly, I am ill quite often but I promise to catch up with everyone and everything the best I can when these down times occur.

I have been checking through the postings and it is lovely to see your regular posts. Don't you just love that feeling when you know you have helped someone with a query or made another new friend :?:

Anyway, it is nice to be back I could not possibly catch up with every individual, so I posted a new topic with a new hello just to let people know we are happy to have them on board and look forward to making friends. It's amazing how many people are finding us and especially from abroad too.

I am happy to see it all coming together. Keep posting :)

Happy days :wink:

Bagpuss
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Bagpuss, I've emailed Alex as instructed, ma'am.

I can't usually stay on line for lengths of time -- have to earn a living! -- so I can only drop in and out during the day. However, I rarely resist sticking my oar in!
bagpuss

oar

Post by bagpuss »

Serinde,

In the best possible taste though, I had noticed. :lol:

I think it's great.

chat later.

Don't work too hard. :roll:
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Hi there

Well I realised its been a day or two since I last logged on...... had stitching and studying to do :D

And here I am, and lots of new people..... goodness it all happens when i look away.

Anyway, hello and welcome to all the new members.

And glad you feeling better bagpus.

laters

Sue
Smilte23

Post by Smilte23 »

What a wonderfull wellcome :D thank you all :wink:

bagpuss get well soon, we need you here :D

purple-footprints, it's very curious what are you stitching wright now? I've got St. Valentine's "virus" now :wink: , so all I'm stitching are hearts, hearts and one more time hearts :lol: :lol: :lol:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yipes! A heart complex! Hope your Valentine appreciates it!
purple-footprints

Hi, smilte

to answer your question, Ive just finished stitching a teddy ted design with a heart balloon. Its for my daughter to give to her boyfriend for valentines.

Now Ive just started stitching a ballerina using light effect threads.... so far Ive only done the skirt and leotard part, but already its stunning with the light effects..... they are all purples - my fav colour.

I am soon going to start a wedding sampler for a friend who is getting married.

And who knows what else I will start inbetween time!!! :wink:

Great to met you all

Sue
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Purple-FP, Where do you find the time?! I seem to have so much to do. Or, alternatively, I'm a slow stitcher and disorganised... :? Quite possible!
Smilte23

Post by Smilte23 »

Serinde wrote:Purple-FP, Where do you find the time?!
That's a good qestion :lol: it' interesting for me too. I wish I could stitch 24h a day, unfortunately there are so many things to do... :)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Too true! The only time I get to stitch to my heart's content is when I'm away on holiday, and that's usually only for a week. Otherwise I find that I have to do all the chores, and 'proper' working, before I can relax.

I don't know about anyone else, but the dust in my house whispers to me when I'm at the computer working, and my work calls to me when I'm in the vegetable garden... No, Not Crazy! Just too much on the go at once. Stitching sits longingly in the corner, hoping I'll sit down for a bit. And sometimes I do!

Anyway, it's Friday, and I'm looking forward to an evening off! Bellpull, here I come! (After making dinner, doing the dishes, a bit of laundry...) :roll:
purple-footprints

hi

Well to be honest and put things in perspective, it does sound like Im doing alot of stitching, but in actual fact Im not spending anywhere near as much time doing it as I would like.

I only stitch in the evenings after the kids; well more so my youngest, are in bed. Having said that I dont have every evening spare.

The last couple of things Ive stitched have in all fairness been quite small. Plus I have to confess as to having had a few too many late nights when I havent been able to put the stitching down. Of course I pay the price the next morning, and then go onto find Ive inevitablly made mistakes on the stitching!!!

I think there should be some kind of rule in the lives of cross stitchers, where you automatically have a certain amout of hours a week dedicated to it..... you know, like a working week is an average of 40 hours, well how about that dedicated to stitching.....

hmmmm..... now theres a thought!

have a great evening to you all

cya over the weekend some time.

Sue
scamples

hi im new to this

Post by scamples »

hi all i new to this i been stitching for a year or so now so i am still inexperienced at it and think this is brilliant to be able to chat with other stitchers and get ideas and share things look forward to getting to know people better hope to make some new friends.

take care all happy stitching
scamples (anna) :)
x x

Post by Guest »

Smilte23 wrote:Hello to everyone :wink:

I'm from LIthuania, so sorry, for my english :oops:
I've just found this forum too, believe me there's nothing wrong with your English. I've been a stitcher for about 58 years and do all kinds, in fact will turn my hand to any craft. Busy knitting for a new grand child at the moment. Don't know how to make those smilie faces appear in my text but I'm learning. Nice to know there are so many nice people out there. :D
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Serinde,

We've added the new Forum Map as you suggested.
Click below for more details

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/phpBB2/ ... c.php?t=35

Alex.
Purplegirl

Post by Purplegirl »

Hello! It's pretty late, but I thought I should say hi as I've just joined.
bagpuss

Hello

Post by bagpuss »

Hi Purplegirl.

Welcome to The Cross Stitch Forum. We hope you will find it informative & friendly, making lots of new friends and finding out new tricks tips and ideas.

Let us know some more about yourself and feel free to write as much or as little as you like.

We are a great group, very friendly and always helpful. Remember too, that there will be a new competition every month. Check out the Competition pages to find out how to stay in to win :)

Once again, welcome and we are happy to have you on board.

Bagpuss :)
razzamatazz

Hi everyone!

Post by razzamatazz »

Hi everyone,

I haven't been online for a few days and the forum has grown so quickly!

Nice to see lots of girls from overseas (you all have really good English) :D

Maggie
(razzamatazz) 8)