A grid overlay?

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

scottishbluebird

A grid overlay?

Post by scottishbluebird »

I have been trying to get something turned in to a cross stitch, i used all the free pattern makers, they just didnt work out.
I then got a perfect one on stitch your photo.com, i paid for the pattern, only problem was when i went to print it........all 63 pages!! :thinks: :tantrum: slightly more pages than i thought it would be!! and i didnt print them out as i would then have had to make them bigger so my mother in law could see it.
So, is there a grid i can just layover the picture, she has been cross stitching for years, so i am confident she could work from it like that.
Thanks
Fiona.
Allyn

Re: A grid overlay?

Post by Allyn »

If the pattern came out to 63 pages, the original photo must have been quite big. Perhaps the original photo could be resized so it isn't as big and create a more managable-sized pattern, then printed in large-print format so you wouldn't have to make them bigger after the fact. I know that doesn't help you now that you've already paid for it, but some folks here create charts and could probably help you out.

WIP
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

scottishbluebird wrote: So, is there a grid i can just layover the picture, she has been cross stitching for years, so i am confident she could work from it like that.
Thanks
Fiona.
There is such a thing. Thick plastic with grids. Stitching from it would be near impossible. I am an experienced stitcher and have designed some stuff myself. But those grids are not good for stitching from.

I use mine to photocopy a blank graph which I use to chart lettering or simple picture.
scottishbluebird

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/scott ... ort=3&o=26" target="_blank

[img][IMG]http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... gnet_1.jpg[/img]][/img]

If any of these work, would really appreciate it if someone could lay a grid over it
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

Sorry, mine is not a program. I actually have graphs on pieces of plastic. To print the picture, put the graph over it, then take a picture for you to print does not come out clear.
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

Did you contact the company you paid for the pattern? They may be willing and able to help you.
scottishbluebird

Thanks for suggestions, this is starting to be a headache!
Try to do something helpful, and as usual its a disaster!! :oops:
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Rainbow Bridge has been done in XS many times over. Is there a reason you want that particular image or would one of the many other versions already converted to XS work?

WIP
cairee

Post by cairee »

I second what Allyn said, there are several versions of the rainbow bridge in cross stitch to choose from.

I may also point out that laying a grid over an image does not make a usable pattern to stitch from.
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
scottishbluebird

Allyn wrote:Rainbow Bridge has been done in XS many times over. Is there a reason you want that particular image or would one of the many other versions already converted to XS work?
I gave her a copy of this version, and she wanted it as a cross stitch
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

scottishbluebird wrote: I gave her a copy of this version, and she wanted it as a cross stitch
Ah, that's a good reason. It's a basic image from a design standpoint. If we knew why the pattern-maker programs didn't work for you, maybe we can help.

WIP