Review sites you've ordered from

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Re: Review sites you've ordered from

Post by wendywombat »

Rose

Post by Rose »

If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

annamarie23

Post by annamarie23 »

I ordered some needles from a site called Busy Lizzie Crafts (http://www.crossstitchneedleshop.co.uk" target="_blank). I placed my order online late on Thursday evening so the order wouldn't have been processed until Friday morning. The order arrived today (Saturday). Their communication was great too! I will most definitely be ordering from them again. I hadn't come across this site until a couple of days ago so I'm really pleased! :dance:
Anna-Marie x

WIP - CSC 'Calligraphy', Janlynn 'Egyptian Pair', Ink Circles 'Woodland Vines'.
Waiting in the wings - Music and violin- Skitzzzzz, SQ 'Midsummer Eve', HAED Mini Camelot plus lots of others.
Reta

Post by Reta »

I use Busy Lizzie for Needles

and for my silks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150654935006? ... 1439.l2648" target="_blank
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Was in UK last week and went into Burford Needlecrafts! :wub:

http://www.needlework.co.uk/" target="_blank

Their web-site is a bit basic but it's a wonderful shop!!! :wub: :applesauce:

Extremely helpful and they are more than happy to take email or phone queries.
They have Caron, Anchor and DMC as well as several other silk/hand dyed floss.

The fabric is stacked high! I found some pale blue 22 count Hardanger and sky blue Oslo fabric. There's more linen than I've ever seen anywhere.

They will post anywhere! :dance:
deweycat

Post by deweycat »

I'm from Canada I used to use Mary Maxim which is Canadian but their stock selection is really limitted. However they recently have a sister company based out of the states called Crafters Gallery. They have a huge selection of crosstitch from counted to stamped to floss to hoops ect. They are amazing to deal with, shipping fees are a little steep but like I say I'm in Canada. They ship within a day of ordering (I usually receive my products 3-4 days) but they give you the tracking code of the shipping company so you know where your product is at all times. They always have sales to which is really nice - highly recommend them
crossstitcher59

Post by crossstitcher59 »

Anyone order from MaryJanes Cross & Stitch and have good things to say about them?
Frenchiejo

Post by Frenchiejo »

Another thumbs up for Sew and So, 123Stitch and The Patchwork Rabbit.
WIPS:
Country Cottage Needleworks Frosty Forest
Chatelaine Japanese Moss Garden
Little House Needleworks Song of the Seasons Mystery Sampler
Kathy_A

Post by Kathy_A »

crossstitcher59, I've been ordering from Mary Jane's since before they were online (I started getting their catalog in the mail back in the early '90s). Their prices aren't always the cheapest, but they do have a fantastic selection of patterns and supplies, and their delivery times have always been at least average, if not stellar.

I'm another fan of Everything Cross Stitch. I actually prefer getting my supplies from them over Mary Jane's, if they have what I need available.

However, right now I'm into Scarlet Quince--love their website for all of their tips, and am really looking forward to diving into the first of the four patterns I've ordered from them, as well as restraining myself from ordering any more (I reeeeallly want to get The Meeting on the Turret Stairs as well as this William Morris table cover, but having four pieces already in the queue means I should not be buying any more!!

ETA: I meant to say that getting those first four patterns from SQ was really easy--the ordering process was as simple as could be, and they deliver everything Priority Mail, so I got it in two days.
olgk30

Post by olgk30 »

I've ordered from everything cross stitch and was happy with patterns and quick delivery.
Kathy_A

Post by Kathy_A »

I just ordered a few Mill Hill ornament/Christmas kits from Austiners, which I like to use for just those items--they've got a great selection of Mill Hill kits, and the ordering and delivery is as smooth and timely as you could want. And the price for the ornament kits is about the cheapest I've found on the internet: $4.99.
coolpenguin

Post by coolpenguin »

I just ordered and received two charts from Everything Cross Stitch and am very happy. The shipping was fast and the communication was even better.
WIP's
various mini's
OCEAN ABC

Finished in 2017
See my Stitch a Long
cairee

Post by cairee »

am I the only one who was not happy with my order exprience from everything cross stitch? they sent my order in a timely manner, but only half of it. it took another 3 packages to get the rest of my order, and over 2 months wait. it wasnt large items either, just floss.

I like 123stitch for thier fabric and floss selections :drool: and I like herrshners.ca for the super quick shipping, and the fact that it ships from Canada so naturally its cheaper and no border delays.
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Mirka Stitcher

Post by Mirka Stitcher »

I’ve already ordered a number of times from the Ukrainian company DianaPlus (http://dianaplus.eu" target="_blank). They are amazing! The service is excellent and they do deliver worldwide. The selection of patterns is also terrific. They have magazines on cross stitching, embroidery, knitting, crochet, beadwork and other crafts, patterns and kits. The shipping is also good so I have had absolutely no problems with that. The prices are reasonable and they sometimes have some great special offers. The main thing I like them for is that they have a wonderful selection of both these great folk motifs and the modern ones for cross stitch pictures, shirts, pillows, tablecloths and other stuff. The magazines are in Ukrainian or Russian but the chart need no translation))))) Pricing and shipping costs are rather good. They always display only those items that are in stock. In addition, they also have patterns for other embroidery techniques, not just cross stitching.
Sunny99

Post by Sunny99 »

http://www.cphobby.com" target="_blank
Very good customer service.
kinley626

Post by kinley626 »

I received my order from Sunny Dyes Fabrics yesterday. I ordered a piece of one of a kind fabric and a few skeins of Valdani floss and everything arrived in less than a week; which always makes me happy. I'll definitely order from them again.
Kinley Rose :rose:

WIP
Windswept (HAED)
French Country Kitchen Garden (Chatelaine)

A Place To Stitch
meldmac

Post by meldmac »

I love 123 Stitch, great service and fast shipping!

Also love HAED they are great people!

Never ordered from Nordic Needle online, but their shop in Fargo is wonderful!

Will never order from abcstitch again, last time I ordered took over a month to receive thread.
"Some people only dream of angels, I held one in my arms."

WIPS - Red Owl, Super Mario Bros, and Dream Castle
UFO's - Invariance, Rainbow Mermaid
SunnFyre

Post by SunnFyre »

So far the only site I have ordered anything from is http://shinysunscrossstitching.com/. It was a couple years ago and I bought 3 patterns. After 3 weeks of waiting for them I contacted customer service about the status. They apologized for the delay and explained their printer was having issues so they were behind on the orders. I got the patterns a few days after that.
I had started one before I moved and had to pack it all up but the little bit I did do looked great. The patterns I chose all use 18 count Aida, not sure if that goes for all of their patterns. The prices I thought were great considering the size of the patterns. They seem to have added a ton more patterns since I purchased and I will be buying from them again.
I checked to see if they still had the patterns I purchased and 2 of them I guess are no longer there which I am extremely happy I got them lol.
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

I highly recommend people never order from Stitching Bits and Bobs. I was supposed to receive a gift certificate that never arrived in my email. The store owner said it was sent twice, but never arrived. I've NEVER had this issue before with any online ordering and I do it a lot.

Secondly, 3 weeks after my order, it still had not arrived, despite the $5.75 shipping price for 2 paper charts. I emailed politely to ask about the status this morning, this is a transcript:

Hi Tiffany,

Your order went out to you this morning. You may also check on your orders at any time from the Order Status links at the top and bottom of each page of our website.

In Stitches,
Bobbie

At 7/3/2013 08:23 AM, you wrote:
Hello,

Can I have a status update on this order please? The charts haven't arrived yet.

Thank you,

Tiffany Pincombe

Clearly she completely neglected my order. Note the lack of apology and the lack of refund of the shipping cost despite the fact I've been waiting since June 9!! I'm very unimpressed.