Review sites you've ordered from

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

stitchingmae

Re: Review sites you've ordered from

Post by stitchingmae »

I have reccently found a site called bonanaza..."find anything but the ordinary" there is a store there called crazy annie's stitchin....i ordered some charts a w hile back and she sent them rather quick i then ordered some kreinik but it has been a while since i got the items I contacted her today saying that they had not come yet she has asked me to email her again friday if they still aren't in and she will resend another package. no cost to me...very impressed plus here prices are awesome!! it can be hit or miss on what she has an awesome clearance section as well!!
Cauca

Post by Cauca »

I am only new at cross stitching so I needed lots of stuff to start stitching, I'm also a new mum so don't have much time so I ordered lots of things from cross stitch heavenin November 2012, it took about 20 days to arrive in two separate parcels with maybe a week between them, also half of the order got lost somehow. I thought well it was near Christmas so I gave it another go so i ordered lots of things again about twelve days ago. It took two days for them to send an email saying "waiting for stock, arriving tomorrow" it was about nine days ago and I still waiting :( Their website is also poorly done so it takes ages to choose the products, which aren't very many but enough to start with. I only used them because for threads they are way cheaper than anyone else but I think is worth to pay some more for quicker and better service.
Mrsadm

Post by Mrsadm »

Hi Cauca, welcome to the forum!

Try 123stitch.com, they are fantastic I have ordered from them many times and always an excellent experience.
WIP
1. "Two Yellow Houses" (Little House)
2. "Elizabeth Saville's 1841 Sampler"
ljs1953

Post by ljs1953 »

I'm in the US so I shop US stores.

123stitch is very quick to ship although I think there shipping could be cheaper and they don't protect charts well enough. Usually arrive bent on the corners.

ABC Stitch Therapy is a great place to shop but like 123stitch they don't protect charts enough for shipping and shipping is slow. If you are looking for something hard to find, they usually have it or can get it.

I have shopped at many different US cross stitch online sites and have never had a problem with any of them.
AngelaV

Post by AngelaV »

I've been very pleased with the products and service from 123Stitch.com and NodicNeedle.com. (I got the cutest little Christmas owls from Nordic Needle!) I live on the Delmarva peninsula (Maryland/Delaware/Virginia) and there's a great shop in Bethany Beach called Sea Needles that I recently visited for the first time. They have a huge cross stitch and needlepoint collection, as well as beautiful knitting yarns. They also do framing, and I'm picking up my first pieces from them next week, so we'll see how they turned out.

On a less positive note, I've had a pretty lousy experience ordering from salt-and-pepper.com. It took forever for them to process my order. After 3 weeks it still hadn't shipped so I told them to cancel it. They shipped the order two days after that, so I had to take it to the post office and refuse delivery. Grr.
Rose

Post by Rose »

ljs1953 wrote:
123stitch is very quick to ship although I think there shipping could be cheaper and they don't protect charts well enough. Usually arrive bent on the corners.
Wow that is so weird I have never had a pattern bent or in anyway damaged coming from 123. It always has a piece of cardboard in the envelope with it and do not bend sticker on the outside.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
carolanne

Post by carolanne »

Saturday I ordered online from a site called Stitching Bits and Bobs. My order arrived Wed. I thought that was pretty fast. They are in Michigan. There website had a couple issues, but they certainly have a lot of things available. :) :)
Sunny99

Post by Sunny99 »

my frame kits is finished today,i love it,i think CPHobby is good ,http://www.cphobby.com/, it is very cheap, service and quality is also good ,i love it
Rhondito

Post by Rhondito »

I mainly order from 123Stitch but they are beginning to get a little slow on their shipping, taking around 3 days to process the order.
Maybe I'm just too anxious. :lol:

Rhonda
fccs

Post by fccs »

Rhondito wrote:I mainly order from 123Stitch but they are beginning to get a little slow on their shipping, taking around 3 days to process the order.
I've ordered a few times from 123Stitch and my goodies arrived quickly; maybe being "next door" to Utah helps. I agree with you...how anxious I am to receive something greatly impacts my perception of speed in shipping.

I recently ordered from blacksheepwools.com (my Bothy Threads Dictionary of Technology). They had the best prices of the sites I checked, and my order got here quickly. I was surprised at the speed since they are in the UK; in fact, I got my order from them faster than when I have ordered from some sites here in the US. The shipping rate was also very reasonable.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Cmusal

Post by Cmusal »

I love 123 Stitch. I have ordere from them twice and both times they were fast, friendly and a joy to do business with. They have a tremendous selection. I am currently waiting on buttons from them and I can't wait to get them!

Sue Hillis is another place I have orderd from, and she was very nice and very fast.
Rhondito

Post by Rhondito »

Rhondito wrote:I mainly order from 123Stitch but they are beginning to get a little slow on their shipping, taking around 3 days to process the order.

Rhonda
I have to take back my own critique - I placed two orders from 123 Stitch on Monday and both shipped Tuesday! Yay. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow!
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Rhondito wrote:

Rhonda
I have to take back my own critique - I placed two orders from 123 Stitch on Monday and both shipped Tuesday! Yay. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow!

Glad that you have had a change of mind. I have always been so amazed at the quickness of their shipping. The only time that I've had anything take longer than a 3-4 days, is when it's an item that is new, or on back order
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

Rhondito wrote: I have to take back my own critique - I placed two orders from 123 Stitch on Monday and both shipped Tuesday! Yay. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow!
Yay!!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Borgessa

Post by Borgessa »

I've ordered from 123stitch a couple of times recently. Being New to cross stitch I had little to work with. Both parcels arrived very quickly, despite the international shipping, how ever I will say once my cash is converted, the cost of shipping is rather high. Anyone know of any good sites down under? I live in New Zealand.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Borgessa, great to know you are from over the ditch - where in NZ are you?
I lived in ChCh for 70 years ! Only recently moved to Aus to join family all of whom are in various parts of this big country.

Shopping or rather shipping is now getting very expensive everywhere and just recently gone up here too. However there are several firms in Aus who are good to work with.

My favourite is Colours Down Under over in Perth, I think because I got to visit with Jo when I was there earlier this year visiting sons and GD. She has a small stock of kits lots of threads, and a reasonable stock of fabric.

Another good firm is Oz Stitch - a bit expensive on some things but ok on others.
Fox Collection - a mail order firm down in NSW - they will post you a catalogue iif asked. They are medium to expensive price range.

For fabrics I go to the guys at Sewitall, I see them at the craft fairs and stockup, especially on any show specials and they are reasonably priced & prompt very friendly service.

No doubt some of the other members down south can point you to other shops down there.

Good luck.

PS there used to be a shop in Auckland I bought some things from but can't remember their name now - it was some years ago. Just googled stitching shops in NZ and found them - its THE EMBROIDERER - they were marvellous when I was hunting for threads which I couldn't get anywhere else. !!!!!!!
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Solitaire

Post by Solitaire »

I won't be ordering from http://www.sewalong.co.uk again :x

I usually use http://www.sweandso.co.uk, but my next project was £5 pounds cheaper with the other site. Having waited 10 days and nothing arrived I emailed them, no answer, so I phoned. She didn't keep it in stock and was waiting for it be sent so she could post on to me and didn't see any point in replying to my email until she had received the kit.

I tried to explain that her comment regarding dispatch time on the website was not clear and an email explaining that the kit would need to be ordered before posting would have been courteous. It was like talking to a brick wall :tantrum: :tantrum:

They have lost a customer and I now have nothing to sew :?
Borgessa

Post by Borgessa »

Squirrel wrote:Hi Borgessa, great to know you are from over the ditch - where in NZ are you?
I lived in ChCh for 70 years ! Only recently moved to Aus to join family all of whom are in various parts of this big country.

Shopping or rather shipping is now getting very expensive everywhere and just recently gone up here too. However there are several firms in Aus who are good to work with.

My favourite is Colours Down Under over in Perth, I think because I got to visit with Jo when I was there earlier this year visiting sons and GD. She has a small stock of kits lots of threads, and a reasonable stock of fabric.

Another good firm is Oz Stitch - a bit expensive on some things but ok on others.
Fox Collection - a mail order firm down in NSW - they will post you a catalogue iif asked. They are medium to expensive price range.

For fabrics I go to the guys at Sewitall, I see them at the craft fairs and stockup, especially on any show specials and they are reasonably priced & prompt very friendly service.

No doubt some of the other members down south can point you to other shops down there.

Good luck.

PS there used to be a shop in Auckland I bought some things from but can't remember their name now - it was some years ago. Just googled stitching shops in NZ and found them - its THE EMBROIDERER - they were marvellous when I was hunting for threads which I couldn't get anywhere else. !!!!!!!
Gosh darn it only seeing this now. Thanks Squirrel for your response and all your suggestions! I will diffently take a look into those sites :)
kiwirach

Post by kiwirach »

Borgessa wrote:I've ordered from 123stitch a couple of times recently. Being New to cross stitch I had little to work with. Both parcels arrived very quickly, despite the international shipping, how ever I will say once my cash is converted, the cost of shipping is rather high. Anyone know of any good sites down under? I live in New Zealand.
hi, i'm not sure where in NZ you are, and i certainly arent up with the local scene yet!, but i always relied on Broomfields in Christchurch, and i've just checked their website and it appears you can order online. i have no idea how prices compare or what the selection is like however.
i think i shall stock up as much as possible before i move back to CHCH later this year!.
my blog

WIP
Little House Neighbourhood - LHN
kiwirach

Post by kiwirach »

Squirrel wrote:Hi Borgessa, great to know you are from over the ditch - where in NZ are you?

Good luck.

thanks for this list, i'll need to know where to splash the cash once i've settled!.
Christchurch does have Broomfields, and Hands, so hopefully they'll keep me stocked before i have to look at shipping costs!.
my blog

WIP
Little House Neighbourhood - LHN