Review sites you've ordered from

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rachel1312

Re: Review sites you've odered from

Post by rachel1312 »

I've always shopped at sewandso.co.uk, they are great with fantastic service and dispatch items really quickly. Plus they have such a good range of products, I will always buy from them I think.

Katz cross stitch is really great for buying floss, as in the UK they are quite expensive esp if you're kitting up a HAED or similar. Kat gives great service and is really fast at dispatching items too.

Heaven and earth designs also provide great customer service, they always reply to any emails and are very friendly and always put anything what has gone wrong right.
Rachel

My WIPs: Moon Amethyst (HAED), Emerald Hawthorn (HAED).

My blog: http://rachelsxstitch.blogspot.com/
Rose

Re: Review sites you've odered from

Post by Rose »

Silkweavers is currently off my list of good sites. I liike the quality of the fabric but the service sucks.

I ordered some fabric back on the 24th of Dec for a project. Realizing that it was right in the middle of the holidays I was not sure when it would be sent. The money was deducted from my account on the order day. I waited until Jan 3rd and had still not recieved the fabric or any e-mails about the status. So sent them a note asking for information. I got back this.

Quote:
Hi!! It is on the way - please keep me posted as to arrival. Thanks!!

I still have not seen my fabric and am getting a bit miffed about it. I will not be placing another order with them.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
3madspaniels

Re: Review sites you've ordered from

Post by 3madspaniels »

Sew and So - I nearly always order from them! Next day delivery, and really reasonable prices and postage cost.

Stitcher - I've ordered from them a couple of times, service has been good.

Cross Stitch Corner - I found these on ebay but they do have an online store too. Great for Dimensions kits, nearly always about half price.

And the not so good.....

Cross Stitch 4 U - I ordered a load of Kreinik thread from them, no communication and took nearly 3 weeks to arrive. It was sent from Germany and the kreinik all came loose, not on the cards. They also had 4 spools that were "to follow", but after another 5 weeks waiting I cancelled them and ordered from sew and so instead! They did refund me with no problems though!
Paula

WIP's
New York by Thea Gouverneur
HAED Fireside Companions
Rose

Post by Rose »

Buyer beware. I don't like to do this as everyone can make a mistake but this is just to many and I don't like being lied to.

This is the current status of my order from Silkweavers.

Hello, the fabric arrived today but I am not very happy with this. I ordered Classics Aida - 18in x 26in, Snow Storm, 16ct Opal Aida the fabric that I received is Aida 16 ct Opal/ Antique white.

These are not even close in color and the design I am going to stitch needs the proper color because it is a piece for a customer. How do we go about correcting this mistake.

My experience with your company this time has not been a pleasing one. I was very disappointed that it took so long to arrive and also that no e-mail was sent notifying me of the date of shipping. I had to contact you to get information about if it was shipped. You will see the I contacted you on the 3rd for information on the 4th I was told it had shipped. Looking at the USPS tag on the package it did not leave until the 5th. This is not a good business practice and does not instill any good feelings with my experience.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Hi!! I truly apoligize - please do not feel that this is normal practice for us. The product numbers for those two colors are one number off and apparently the warehouse mixed the lots - please keep the cut as a thank you for your understanding and patience - and we are going to get the correct piece out to you. Thanks so much.

Kevin

Just recieved this e-mail from the Silkweavers Company. I will let you know what comes of all of this.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Yes even though they are going to replace the material and they say this is not their normal practice I have not been happy with them and will probaly not order from them again.
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

Lady Bug Designs:
I was pretty impressed with them, I had ordered my Starry Night from them it took a few days to get here and the owner wanted me to email her to confirm that it arrived safely!!
Oiralinde

Post by Oiralinde »

I have only ever ordered from 123stitch, but it was a great experience. The shipping was fast and reasonable. I would recommend them highly!

I plan on placing an order today for some fabric and specialty threads. I am going to try someplace different based on this thread. I will let you know who I choose and how it goes.

Thanks for a great topic!
Oiralinde is an elven word meaning "eternal song." My life is full of music: love, laughter, and memories.
http://www.oiralinde.com
suepollock

Post by suepollock »

Oh my soul....here in my area our LNS are slim and none. We have the usual Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and AC Moore so if it wasn't for the ONS, I'd be up the creek.

Laurel's Stitchery is great! Laurel is a wonderful lady, her shipping is fast and reasonably priced. If she doesn't have something, she will try to find it for you.

However my overall favorite ONS is 123 Stitch. Joanne and Nancy are wonderful to work with, very accommodating and will work to find what you need it they do not have it in stock. Many of my orders have been shipped the same day so if I order on a Monday morning, I have my stash in my hot little hands by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. Hands down, for my review, they are second to none!
Happy Stitching,
~Sue P~

My Online Albums of Finishes and WIPs Updated 08.04.14
My Blog - Stitched Tidbits Updated 06.17.14
gingerbreadgirl

Post by gingerbreadgirl »

Sewand so.co.uk are the best very speedy delivery! Usually next day delivery if you order in the morning.
wimbebees.co.uk
These were ok but had to wait for an item to come into stock which was indicated when I ordered it.
HAED
I purchased an email chart and took a couple of hours to receive it so very good.
milkmaid

Post by milkmaid »

Sew and So
i ordered off them a week ago and messed up my pay pal
phoned yesterday sorted it out reordered and it arrived this morning at 10.30 ,
i phoned them at 11.45
so wow i'm impressed ,less than 24 hours to get to here and they don't incude an off mainland charge either which some firms do ,hiden postal costs with lots of firms to the highlands and islands
really great service and the lady was lovely when i explained :D
really excited now about starting my haed now
husband has conviscated it till i do the last 30 or so stitches on my horses by the stream though :lol:
Rose

Post by Rose »

Well I FINALLY got the replacement fabric from Silkweavers.....really not impressed with them since they were taken over by the new company. I will be looking for a new company to by specialty fabric. :(
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

So very happy that you finally got your fabric Rose--pity that it took that long though.

I've just had a great experience with a new site, for me, that is. I ordered some hand dyed cotton floss and had them within 3 days!! Here's the site

http://youthfulhandsneedlecrafts.com

Love the threads too, I'll be posting a picture soon--if I can get photobucket to cooperate!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Lilywhite

Post by Lilywhite »

Sew & So

Ordered at 22:45 Wednesday evening.
Despatched Thursday
Arrived Friday

So very happy with the speed/service and very reasonable postage costs considering the bulky package I received and the fact it arrived so fast.
Oiralinde

Post by Oiralinde »

My PTP (Picture this plus) order was ordered, shipped and arrived to me in less than a week!! I will be ordering from them again.
Oiralinde is an elven word meaning "eternal song." My life is full of music: love, laughter, and memories.
http://www.oiralinde.com
DraconicWench

Post by DraconicWench »

DoveStitch from E-bay: If anyone's looking for hand dyed fabric, this person is very easy to deal with and very inexpensive. I bought my two pieces of fabric on Sunday and they were here by Thursday. Silkweaver is still my favorite, but dovestitch is a close second so far.
Lynn
She who waits, also serves.

WIPs
Jungle Safari BA for baby J

2012 HDs
Anatomically correct heart
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Dovestitch also have their own non-eBay website, and will dye fabrics especially if you ask.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
yelena

Post by yelena »

I ordered wild westies III from sew and sew and it was lost in the post. Cant fault them though because they sent me out another one straight away.

That and the post around here is rubbish :)

Edit: I ordered from the at 2pmish yesterday and the order was dispatched at 5pm. I'll let you know when I get it

-crosses fingers that its today - :P
Last edited by yelena on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Believe me, an eternity in the company of Beelzebub, and all his hellish instruments of death, will be a picnic compared to five minutes with me... and this pencil.
Bad Pippa

Post by Bad Pippa »

I love 123stitch too.Big selection and good prices 8)
Veawen

Post by Veawen »

Just been through 3 pages and have bookmarked most of the links and recommendations! Thanks!

I have ordered mostly from Sew and So, already so many good words have been said about them.

Also I have ordered from Johnson Crafts, they are very good. Good customer service and very quick delivery as well. They keep you up to date via e-mail with offers. I can really recommend them.

I just placed an order with Stitcher as they have discount on Christmas kits, I ordered today and got an e-mail in afternoon saying it already has been dispatched!
Things I love:
- Robert Pattinson *giggles*
- Meeting up my girlies at premieres
- Cross-stitching
- Reading: Black Dagger Brotherhood, TMI, ID, Twilight, The hunger Games etc.
- Chatting
- Trying to learn other crafts
- My BF
- My cats