Help needed

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

feroxjock

Help needed

Post by feroxjock »

Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:43 pm | feroxjock: I'm 40+ hours into a cross stich project using 14ct aida fabric. I've discovered I've miscut the material and am about two inches short in the the length. Amending the image is not an option and I'm lothed to give up after so much work. Can anyone advise the best way to add the additional material so I can complete the project. Should I overlap the pieces or butt joint them and stitch both onto some backing.

Thanks in anticipation :doh:
Athalie

Re: Help needed

Post by Athalie »

Are you short of fabric for the stitching or are you thinking ahead to when you frame the piece. It it's the latter, get a piece of cotton fabric the same colour as your Aida, stitch it to the bottom with an ordinary seam and when you frame it make sure the frame (or if you are using a matt, the matt) comes right to the edge of the seam and it won't show.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I made a suggestion in the forum chat box. :shamrock:

Not much use if you can't read it!

What I probably said was to overlap the fabric by a couple of aida squares. Strengthen it by stitching with a length of same colour sewing thread. Then stitch as normal. It should work out fine.
feroxjock

Post by feroxjock »

My thanks to you both for your help. I've taken your advice Serinde and it seems to be working out fine but wi mitts like mine its a sair fecht.