Help!!! Can't find big enough fabric

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Wen

Help!!! Can't find big enough fabric

Post by Wen »

Ladies, I need help. I want to buy fabric for my new HaED project, but I can't find a piece big enough..... So I really need your help.

I want 18 count Aida. Grey or greyish, not to dark there is white in the project. It has to be 35x49 inch..... Everything I can find is just a little bit to small.
WIP:
Lanarte: Green Winged Ara
Dimensions (petites): Chickadees in Spring
HAED: QS Little Tommy Tittlemouse

Finished:
Lanarte: Protective Care Elephant
Nicola Main

Re: Help!!! Can't find big enough fabric

Post by Nicola Main »

Hi Wen, I've found this for you not sure if it'll be of any help. If you scroll down to the 11th colour that is grey but the size you require is £23.83. Hope I've helped and hope you find what you need ;)

http://www.willowfabrics.com/acatalog/Z ... tml#SID=20" target="_blank
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
speart

Post by speart »

The shipping from US might be horrific--I truly don't know of such things--but one option might be to contact a cut to the inch source. My absolute fave is Elegant Stitch. Their items are serged, wrapped in tissue, and they always have just what I need.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I found this website through a link at Amazon but it is 14 ct Aida and I have no idea if they ship overseas. I think you would have to have a special order for something like that. The only other thing I can think of is Charles Craft 18 ct afghan fabric. but you would have to stitch over the blocks around the edges since the middle portion is still not large enough. I do that when stitching my afghans but I haven't tried that with an HAED though I'm sure it could be done. First, I'd try to see about a special order. Which design are you planning on stitching?

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Rose

Post by Rose »

Have you tried to contact Sew and So. They are in the UK and are very good at helping members with special requests. I would try them and see what they can do.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

You need at least a whole yard -- which could be 36x43 up to 36x60 depending on the manufacturer. Check the width of the fabric to make sure it's wide enough before you buy. If it's only 43 inches wide, you'll need to get about a yard and a half to get the piece big enough. I've seen Zweigart aida 43 inches wide, but I know I've seen Wichelt aida 51 inches wide. For the narrower width, you'll need a yard and a half of fabric.
Nicola Main wrote:Hi Wen, I've found this for you not sure if it'll be of any help. If you scroll down to the 11th colour that is grey but the size you require is £23.83. Hope I've helped and hope you find what you need ;) http://www.willowfabrics.com/acatalog/Z ... tml#SID=20" target="_blank
That Confederate Grey is usually a light to medium grey with a blue tint-- about a DMC 928.

WIP
Wen

Post by Wen »

I managed to order a piece trough a italian webshop! I choose confederate gray.

It is for Mushroom Inn from Randal Spangler. This one.

And the hubbie just told me my birthday present (almost January 18) will be the floss for this project. It is ordered (from the US), so I hope it will be here in time!

Thank you all for your help!
WIP:

Finished:
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

:applesauce: Well, that certainly does need a big piece of fabric. :dance:

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: for Hubby! What a great birthday gift that will be! I am looking forward to watching this one develop. It should be a lot of fun to stitch!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Wow what a magnificent project, I'm glad you found the fabric you needed, I would've said Sew and so if you phone them they'll cut your requirement, they are really good.
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Wen

Post by Wen »

Yes. I am so happy with my birthday present! Almost as good as last year. He got me my complete Lowery then, with all the extra's I wanted. I really love him!
WIP:

Finished:
Rose

Post by Rose »

Hubbies can be really good at times!!!!!!! I got both the gifts I really wanted this year for Christmas. Most times I say they don't listen but sometimes they really do. :lol: :lol: :whoop:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
fccs

Post by fccs »

I'm glad you found the fabric, and what a wonderful husband you have. Two perfect gifts, two Christmases in a row. How will he top that next year? I'm excited to see this one progress; it looks like it will be a lot of work, but more importantly a lot of fun to stitch.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends