Re: Cross Stitch Tablecloth/Table Runner

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

JacquiP

Post by JacquiP »

ave been bought the cross stitch cat table runner in the link below. The cross stitch is printed on the pattern. Please could you let me know the acceptable number of crosses I can carry the thread across the back. The border would require me taking one of the colours across 4 stitches. As the back could be seen, I want it to look really neat (even if it couldn't, I still would want it to look perfect). Also, I have decided when I start my first project, that I will do a m...ix of full crosses and half crosses (working back across the row to complete them). Can I still do a mix when the back is visible or should I stick with one method only (the instructions advises to make half stitches and then work back across the work to complete them but this will mean that, at times, I will not end up where I need to be to make my next stitch on the next row, which is why I was considering making full stitches at times). Thank you for any help offered xxx http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/11217006 ... 931&crdt=0" target="_blank" target="_blank
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

That is an adorable table runner! I am looking forward to seeing you stitch this and hope you will post pictures for us to see. I will use either method you describe depending on the pattern and will sometimes use both on the same section of a piece, again depending on the pattern. On projects where the back is not likely to be seen I am not nearly as concerned about how neat the back looks. If the back can be seen (like stitching an afghan) I will usually run the thread under already stitched sections if I have more than a few (2or 3 at the most) stitches to pass. If I can't do that I will end the thread and start a new stitch. Does that make sense?

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
JacquiP

Post by JacquiP »

Thank you so much for your response. I was thinking along the same lines but just wanted some reassurance :) xxx