Nordic Needle Sale

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Nordic Needle Sale

Post by Serinde »

Don't know if you know, particularly you folks in the US, but Nordic Needle is closing down its store in Fargo. Have no idea if they intend to retain an online presence, but in the meantime, there are some pretty astonishing offers.

For those of us on this side of the Atlantic, however, I suspect that the postage really is prohibitive unless you are buying a lot. (Or at least I think so...) However, downloadable designs are a good price.
Allyn

Re: Nordic Needle Sale

Post by Allyn »

Wow, really? That is news. They have quite a large store, and I gotta believe they do more online business than at the store. Retail space is expensive. I looked in their website and didn't see any mention of it.

WIP
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

See here. It's the topic of a lot of sadness on various sites, like Needle 'n' Thread and (who knew!) Reddit.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Not just the postage, but the import duties :-( - a few bad experiences with that have put me off from buying abroad
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thank you for posting Serinde. :D

It is sad to see shops closing down, especially good ones...

The article states that young people have now nor the time or inclination to pick up our craft. It makes me think that, at the moment, there is a trend of "living in the moment" "being in a flow", as many magazines specializes in well being.
For me, Cross Stitch is my way to "be in a state of flow" ( except when I am frogging! :tantrum: )
Mabel Figworthy wrote:Not just the postage, but the import duties - a few bad experiences with that have put me off from buying abroad
My DH bought me some special sock needles from the US for my Birthday (5 Double Pointed Needles). They were even more special, when the postman asked for £15 for them to be delivered!!!!
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Oh no. I hope the website stays open, though after reading the article I'm not sure. After 123Stitch, it is the website that I check out when I'm looking for specific items (or window shopping or web surfing?). They have always provided good value and great customer service. It is always sad when any LNS closes. I admit I like online shopping, but miss the time wandering around my LNS, chatting with the owner(s) and getting advice and suggestions.

Carole
:(
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker