Posilock Floor Stand and Elbesee Helping Hand

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Nicola Main

Posilock Floor Stand and Elbesee Helping Hand

Post by Nicola Main »

Looking for something that would fit my Elbesee Easy Clip frames and to help me with my ease of stitching. At the moment I stitch on the sofa (using either hoop or frame) but find that my left hand gets very sore after an hour or two. Thinking of asking my parents for a stitchy Christmas present in the form of a floor stand but it would need to be something not too complicated and where it will be easy for me to see the back of my work as well as the front. Been looking at the Posilock Floor Stand and the Elbesee Helping Hand. Do any of you have these and could maybe post me photos or give me a better idea of how they work? Thank you in advance xxx
Last edited by Nicola Main on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Serinde

Re: Posilock Floor Stand and Elbesee Helping Hand

Post by Serinde »

I have a Daylight Stitchsmart stand which I've used for years and years. I use it with my Q-snap frames with only minimal slippage. Very stable, even with quite big frames. Folds away pretty flat. This is a reasonable price, but might be able to find it cheaper. The Posilock Floor stand is a good one, but I personally don't like the wheels. It's less expensive, but I wonder if it's as robust?

The Elbesee helping hands are great tools. The decision here is the length of the bar because that determines the maximum size of the frame you can attach it to. Unless, of course, you have a handy woodworker with a bench saw and a length of rod... :whistle:
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Oh Serinde I've just watched a video of that on Youtube and it looks perfect! I love the fact it swivels really fast to get to the back and also you can get the light and a holder for your chart. The max size Elbesee frame I have is 15" wide and 12" high so this would work really well. Now to try and persuade my parents to get me it for Christmas! :roll: :wink:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, it is an investment in your overall health and happiness... :lol: