Poly Pockets

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

welsh wendy

Poly Pockets

Post by welsh wendy »

Hello Stitchers

When working on a chart i put it inside a poly pocket or plastic sleeve this helps me with keeping the chart clean and also i have a black pen that i use to mark where i am and when i move on i can rub the pen off the plastic.

This keeps me chart free of pencil marks etc. I found this little idea nessessary when I was using pencil and rubbing out and found that it took away some of the symbols on the chart. Hope this helps anyone

Welsh Wendy
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

What a great idea! :idea:
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Yes that is a good idea.

I have been stitching a chart from a magazine, and Im beginning to find the page is creasing up, and its almost torn along the spine. I was ponder on what to do, and wondered if laminating the page would work.

Perhaps your idea of using a marker would still work once laminated.

Also I have recently discovered how brilliant using a magnetic board is, it holds the chart with the stiffness of the board, and you can mark the relevent area with the magnets - Ive found its really helped speed up my stitchig.

Im thinking combining all these ideas would be a great, and would also keep the orginal chart in fab condition, and would make storing easy peasy!
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Before I start using a chart, I always photocopy it and if possible enlarge it to A3 size, that way the original is left unmarked, can be used again and I can used it for reference. As I stitch I use either a pencil or a coloured crayon to mark off the stitches I have seen.