My brother made me a sewing frame and stand out of pvc, and I love it! The qsnap replacement clamps fit it, and it holds the material very tightly. I can also replace pieces in the legs with longer pieces to raise it if I need to. He's working on making me a pattern holder to go on it now. The pictures with material on the stand aren't where I'm starting a project, I just put some scrap aida on there for the pics.
He also left the base open on one side so that I can slide it around the sides of my sewing chair.
that is excellent,where did he get the bits and peices that was needed to make it,hope you dont mind me asking ,but i suffer from arthritis and fibromyalgia and struggle a great deal with my stitching,because i cant stretch foward very far or hold the heavy frames even qsnaps are a pain for me to hold,and i have just showed my hubby,your brothers very clever work ,and he said he would have a go ,thats if you dont mind,but we dont know where the bits come from,this will give you endless hours of pain free stitching,oh i am so envious,lol,enjoyxxx
crystalangel wrote:that is excellent,where did he get the bits and peices that was needed to make it,hope you dont mind me asking ,but i suffer from arthritis and fibromyalgia and struggle a great deal with my stitching,because i cant stretch foward very far or hold the heavy frames even qsnaps are a pain for me to hold,and i have just showed my hubby,your brothers very clever work ,and he said he would have a go ,thats if you dont mind,but we dont know where the bits come from,this will give you endless hours of pain free stitching,oh i am so envious,lol,enjoyxxx
I don't mind at all! I hope you can get something made up that will help you to stitch more easily. He just bought the pieces from the hardware store, and the "pipes" come in long pieces that he cut to sizes needed. The connectors come all ready to use, no cutting required.
Three cheers for clever and handy and generous brothers.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
What a great stand how inventive of your brother and yes i reckon i may have to get the hubby to our local hardware store too! I hope you have many hours of happy pain free stitching on it
that's brilliant! i always wondered y qsnap company doesn't make a floorstand!
If you get a comment of a ,I must be holding my http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up 2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Thanks y'all! I told my brother he should make a few and take to the flea market to try to sell. I told him if any stitchers come by, he'd probably sell them with no problem.
It looks great and well done to your clever brother, he should try to sell them, one thing, sorry for being thick but how do you finish off your threads (get to the back of your work?)
Glen
crafterglen wrote:It looks great and well done to your clever brother, he should try to sell them, one thing, sorry for being thick but how do you finish off your threads (get to the back of your work?)
Glen
Well, I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but I think what I'll do is since it's so light, I'll tilt the whole thing backwards to finish off. Or if I decide to, the top (frame) pops off and on, I could do that. I "park" on bigger projects, so I don't have to finish threads that often. I'll have to experiment and see what works best when I start using it.