July Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Allyn

July Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

Post by Allyn »

I'm not sure what happened to this, but it's time to start posting the July end-of-month tallies.

If Gary were here, he would've wrote:

In this thread post your Challenge reports. Reports must include:
--How much you spent in July
--Your average spending to date (Yes, if your average exceeds $25, you have to report it so other members can beat on you for spending too much.)
--At least one photo (photo quality is irrelevant) of progress you've made in July on stash items. Multiple photos are certainly permitted. Feel good and show off the fact that you're reducing your stash pile.
--If someone doesn't report, all other participants are expected to apply severe peer pressure on that person through posts and PMs to force them to post. Trash talk and cheap shots are permitted.

WIP
cairee

Re: July Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

Post by cairee »

you know, I was thinking of starting this thread, you beat me to it! Im sure Gary has a very good excuse for forgetting us.......(he hasnt logged in since the 8th, hope hes ok.)

Ive been a good girl this month, $0 spent! so my monthly average is $13.21. rather impressive since my 123stitch cart has $197 in it waiting for me to click the checkout button, and sewandso has $150 in its cart. then there is that Chatelaine I've had my eyes on, $300 kitted. I think the chatelaine will be my reward if I am good till the end of the year..... is it ok to reward myself with an expensive purchase when this challenge is over? :thinks:
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

I also almost started this post myself!
I have been good, zero spending this month so my average is now 17,25€
Stitchingwise I have been making progress on my new HAED World travel bookshelf, even if much slower than I was hoping. The amount of confetti is maddening at times!!!
here where I am
I am hoping to have a page finish before leaving for my vacation on Monday but I am not sure I can make it, also I am dieing to figure out what is the figure on the lower side of the dancer.... so far I think it is a lady holding a tray but I accept bet!!!
I think I will bring QS Ladybug to the beach, I need to finish the page to meet my half year goal over at the HAED BB
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Sorry double post
Last edited by Oriettait on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Amount spent in July: £0.00p

Amount spent on any 'pocket money pleasures' in July: £7.21p (well, actually US$12), on two Chinese Kaigelu 356 fountain pens, that look identical, and write identically, to £70 Parker Sonnets. The silver coloured one was bought to replace one I gave to my wife's Church (as their Wedding Register pen had disappeared), and the other, well, I liked the blue colour and hadn't got one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331240354715 .

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I assumed that if life is keeping Gary busy, he wouldn't mind if we carried on, so I went ahead and started the post.

I needed floss for a little surprise project this month. I spent $3.20 on eight skeins of floss. Combined with my totals for the previous months, that comes out to $6.59 average. I'll come back a little later and post a picture.

WIP
Rose

Post by Rose »

I did spend money on pattern this month the pumpkin pattern that I just started and 2 nutcrackers that I have had in a wish list for several months and then another pumpkin pattern that I may or may not add to the Welcome Banner. So I spent $44.40 but that also includes the shipping and tax. I can not recall what the actual price was for just the patterns but it was probably about 6 or 7 dollars. I also had to buy another skein of cream for the wedding gifts that I am making so that was .35 cents.

So the amount spent for this month was $38.75 with the .80 cents that I spent in May and the 0 I spent in June I am still well under my quota.

In July stitching was at a minimum because of the family reunion but I did do a bit. I finished the July cottage and I started and finished August.
Image Image

I also started and finished a wedding shower gift all from stash.

Then I started 3 new WIPS 1) another part of the wedding shower gift 2) a Welcome banner and 3) the Sept cottage. I am also still working on the Swirly Heart. Other then the pumpkin pattern all of this uses stash to work.
Image Image Image
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
coolpenguin

Post by coolpenguin »

Thanks to temptation from this site, I was bad this month! I was browsing on the forum the other day and stumbled upon a thread about a PTP sale. I'd never purchased hand dyed fabric before and bit the bullet with the sale. I was very well behaved, though!

I spent $31.50 in July. That brings my total for the challenge to $20.15 per month. Higher than I wanted but still below the limit!

I finished my large baby feet project, except for the personalization since the baby hasn't been born yet.
I've worked a little on my D Day Remembrance project, but not a lot.
I've finished two bibs for a baby shower.
I did some minis for the baby shower.

I have photos in my stitch-a-long!
WIP's
various mini's
OCEAN ABC

Finished in 2017
See my Stitch a Long
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Oriettait wrote: ...also I am dieing to figure out what is the figure on the lower side of the dancer.... so far I think it is a lady holding a tray but I accept bet!!!

The elephant?

http://aimeestewart.jalbum.net/Artwork% ... kshelf.jpg" target="_blank

WIP
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Thanks Allyn! I could not find a picture clear enough to see it right! Now if I just could finish it!!
--
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
cairee

Post by cairee »

forgot to post pics of what I've stitched!
Angel of the morning, this one has been my lunchbreak stitching

my new start, that I wasnt supposed to start until I had finished something :oops:
Mini Train of Dreams

Im almost done page 2 of Christmas Bear Wishes, so Ill post a picture when the page is done.
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

I haven't done any stitching since I was babysitting my grandsons and when I came back home from the holiday, I am resting from having a vacation. LOL anyway, I only spend around 10.00 for threads since I was going to Michael's for another reason. I will be getting my stitching mojo back this weekend.

socialsue :)
msufly

Post by msufly »

I was bad this month, both in what little stitching I got done and the amount spent. I started & finished my July ornament piece: Yuletide Frost that I posted in the ornament thread:
And the other thing I've been stitching slowly through is Silent Night by Cottage Country Needleworks. It's an easy pattern, don't know why I didn't have it done in a week! No pic of it yet.

And I spent $35.81 this month...first time going over budget. I bought 2 skeins of DMC and some blue aida for LastingAllure's gingerbread house SAL, but then went to my LNS and bought the JCS Halloween issue and 4 small Xmas designs for more ornaments...but my monthly average is still only $14.72/month. So I'll go to the corner and eat a little bit of chocolate...
Kim

WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

I didn't intend to buy anything this month, but a couple of weeks ago I headed up to visit friends and while there we stopped at Paneras to pick up lunch. Well, Jo Anns is in the same parking lot, and since I don't have access to a craft store where I live :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: I popped in there while my friend was waiting for them to finish preparing our order. I'd actually intended to buy velcro by the yard to fix my bedskirt in place so it doesn't keep moving, but the price on their velcro was insane, so of course I had to wander over to the cross stitch area.

There I found that 2 types of fabric were on clearance - the Hardanger 22 and the Monaco 28. So of course I had to grab them! Also snagged myself a single skein of floss since I am working on a monochrome piece in that color and am starting to worry I'll run out. I can't find the reciept for that trip, but I want to say I spent no more than $4.

Also in the pic is some yarn I bought at Walmart for knitting with. Technically it's crochet thread, but it's soft and loosely spun and will knit nicely into a drapey fabric. I'd planned on buying it in off white to make a blouse with, but before I could it got discontinued, and all that was left were these 4 balls in a dusty pink so I snatched them up. Not sure yet what I'll make with them. I'd love a sheer light cardigan, but any pattern I find that would flatter someone my size needs atleast 2 more balls. While I'd really like to make clothing out of it - it's bamboo and perfect for the 100 degree summers here, if I don't find a pattern for it, it'll end up being made into a lace shawl most likely. Either way, it was on clearance and cost me just $6 for all 4 balls.
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
Pengwenn

Post by Pengwenn »

I spent some money this month. Total: $39.11. I got a new pattern (one I've had my eye on for a long time). I got the fabric for it as well. I also picked up 7 strands of DMC that I was missing to do this project and a spare piece of Antique White 14ct Aida. I was really looking for Ivory but they didn't have any.

I started and finished my Canadian bear and already posted a pic of that. I finished a page on the Twilight Balloon Flight project (picture coming soon). And I've made it a priority to finish my spiral fractal so I took that out a couple of days ago and I'm currently working on that.

I know we're not suppose to justify our purchases but I had a VERY crappy month at work in July and buying that pattern and the fabric for it (possibly a Chirstmas present this year) made me happy and the rest of the month bareable.
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot