DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM SILKWEAVERS/NEEDLEWORKS DELIGHT

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM SILKWEAVERS/NEEDLEWORKS DELIGHT

Post by Rose »

I am so angry with this company and here is why. This is part of an email that I have sent to the company.
Let me explain why I am so frustrated
Order placed on 27th. I received a confirmation of receipt of order. Nothing in that order stated that any of the items would be a delayed shipment.

Oct 10 sent an email asking for the status of my order.............

Oct 16 (note this was SIX DAYS LATER) Kevin sent me a reply and said
“
Hi!! Sorry for the delay. The halloween treats will be ready ship next week. The snowflakes is a printed fabric and the manufacturer said it is on back order. Just let me know. Thank you and sorry!

Kevin

Please visit us at http://www.needleworkersdelight.com" target="_blank

You can now follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/NdlwrkrsDelight" target="_blank

You can join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/silkweaver" target="_blank

Make sure to join our "E-mailing list" to receive exclusive newsletters: http://www.needleworkersdelight.com/EMailingList.html" target="_blank

To view our extensive collection of over-dyed fabrics, please visit us at http://www.silkweaverfabrics.com" target="_blank

Needleworker's Delight / Silkweaver Fabrics / Zweigart USA
576 Inman Ave
Colonia, NJ 07067
(800) 931-4545 / (732) 388-4545”

With my way of thinking this means I should have received my Halloween Treats fabric by now.

Called Thursday got answering machine. Fine I am in California you are in New Jersey. Left a message. So I expected a phone call from someone this morning.......no that did not happen. Called again this time during business hours. Still got an answering system, left my name and #. The answering system did say some one would call me back. No I got an email telling me that not only is my snowflake fabric on backorder, at least you think that is what is happening with that fabric. But my fabric that an employee from your company assured me would be shipped this week. It has not even been dyed yet.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
fccs

Re: DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM SILKWEAVERS/NEEDLEWORKS DELIGHT

Post by fccs »

Thanks for the warning. There are too many good, reputable companies out there with outstanding customer service to bother with one like this.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
JA Fan

Post by JA Fan »

It seems their fabric is forever on back order. I had a similar problem with them and posted about it in July.
I waited 15 weeks for my fabric and during that time exchanged several e-mails with them. I wasn't in any hurry for mine, but that is not the point. Customers want reliable and prompt service. They'll not stay in business if they carry on like this.
WIP
Gold Collection Petite -- Cozy Cub
On hold:
HAED -- Bob Cratchit and Tiny Tim
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Thanks for the warning Rose, lots of people will read this no doubt, it would put me off using them for sure!
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
cristaltipps

Post by cristaltipps »

Just wanted to say I watched a TV program a few months back I cant even recall what it was BUT in it there was someone saying that they wont order bolts of fabric till they have enough people waiting for it as they can not at the present time afford to have such a lot of cloth just sitting, so wonder if lots of smaller companies are doing the same now?
HOWEVER I feel the company's that do this should tell you immediately if this is the case because sometimes you need it and can't afford to wait and although I don't know if this is the case with you Rose they should never take the money till it is dispatched either.
So sorry you had this trouble but thanks for the warning to the rest of us.
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

I dumped them last year after they sent 25ct Lugana when I ordered 20 ct and Jobelan when I ordered Lugana.
I loathe Jobelan.
OK they would replace the two fabrics if I returned them so that they could verify their mistake.But with the high cost of postage from Australia n]back to the US I decided not to pursue the matter.
I will never ever order from them again.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
brandilynb

Post by brandilynb »

Yeah i placed an order on Sept. 15 and I finally got it to day. I was never once informed of a delay or anything. Not impressed.
Athalie

Post by Athalie »

I haven't bought anything from them for many years, they were just as bad then.
marniecat

Post by marniecat »

I had a not great experience with their fabric of the month club. The fabric was beautiful but many times they sent the wrong items, mismarked sizes, same colors I got the previous month, etc... They seem very disorganized, which is a shame. I would not order from them again.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

You seem to be getting English levels of service. Can I commiserate?

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Rose

Post by Rose »

Because when I canceled my order I asked the company to send me an email that they have received and acknowledge my order cancellation, I have not had a response and that was over 10 days ago. I found the BBB for New Jersey and I have made a complaint to them. I am waiting for a reply.

Regardless of the out come I wanted it put on record the poor service that this company has.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror