Hot today

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lavenderbee

Hot today

Post by lavenderbee »

Hope everyone is OK.It is hot up here so guess some of you will be scorching.Still not back on internet at home & I've missed catching up each day with all your posts but hope to be on line at home a day or two. Sky are sending new cable as they are upgrading. At least have phone back on. Am in library &it is very slow& this desktop space bar keeps sticking!

Not being able to keep goingonline athome means I have had more stitching done. Will see what you've all been positng & post first week's workonnewtopicassoon as I can.

Sorry the words are jined togetherbut willgo now & getshoppng done so as t get back home &cool off. Not complaining as we've not had much sun here.

Hope you are all well &don't get sunburned.
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
purgatory

Re: Hot today

Post by purgatory »

it is lovely here yes, although I have been busy stitching the last touches to a page finish this morning, plus its actually quite cool indoors
sorry you have no internet, I don't know how I would cope without mine and hope it never goes off!

but I hope you enjoy your day and I look forward to seeing what you have been doing with all your stitchy time :D
Finishes 2013

HAED earth mermaid

WIPs (or even my rotation O.O)

HAED sloth
HAED SK courage
HAED Amanda and Axel
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:sun: :hot: :sun: :hot: :gurn: here!!! :shock: :shock:

38 C!!! and going to get warmer!
Air-con on hiding indoors! :tizzy:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:sun: :hot: :sun: :hot: :sun: :hot:
That is hot!! We tend to stay in the 90's (F) most of the summer but usually in the low to mid 90's. The past few weeks we've seen high 90's and 100 a few days, but still that isn't unusual. I thought UK summers tended to be mild. Wendy, is this heat unusual for you?

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Hope everyone manages to stay cool---it seems the weather is really off this year!!!
I'm already looking forward to cooler weather--which won't happen here until mid November or so :tantrum:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

We're on our way to 92°F today in northern Colorado. I hope everyone is drinking lots of water - and other cold beverages of choice.l
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

rcperryls wrote::sun: :hot: :sun: :hot: :sun: :hot:
That is hot!! We tend to stay in the 90's (F) most of the summer but usually in the low to mid 90's. The past few weeks we've seen high 90's and 100 a few days, but still that isn't unusual. I thought UK summers tended to be mild. Wendy, is this heat unusual for you?

Carole
:thinks:

We're in SW France ( just north of Toulouse) so it does get very hot here...also can get very cold! One year we had +43C in the summer and -16C the following winter!! :shock:

Funny thing is NY is further south from us!!! :lol:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Do take care in all that heat folks. Seems to be fairly common over the US & UK. Just think of us downunder where down in the southern states of Aus the days highs are around 12 - 16 degrees celcius and up here around 19-22c.

Hope no one is amongst the fires in CA and anywhere else or the tornadoes/cyclones in other places in the US.

Keep safe everyone.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Rosheen

Post by Rosheen »

wendywombat wrote::sun: :hot: :sun: :hot: :gurn: here!!! :shock: :shock:

38 C!!! and going to get warmer!
Air-con on hiding indoors! :tizzy:
Did you send it to the north? Image We had 37°C yesterday, but today is heavenly with (only) 30°C (86°F). Still waiting for rain or thunderstorm.

Love,
Hilde
Love,
Hilde

=====================================================================
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

No, it's still here!!! :sun: :hot: :sun: We've had no rain or the storms that the Uk has had....just Hot Hot Hot!! :tantrum:
No let up yet! Our portable air-con is drawing 5 litres a day out of the air!! :shock:

I don't cope well with the humidity. :cry:
CarrieGF

Post by CarrieGF »

oh Wendy that sounds unbearable - We usually spend a week near Macon every July / August (not this year as I am just over surgery) so I know how hot & humid it gets! A far cry from what we have today in Ireland.....13C and rain and wind all morning, my wifi keeps dropping because of the weather, :tantrum: so I cannot stay connected to the head office server. I have decided to throw in the towel - take out my stitching while I'm waiting for the oven to heat-up - :cake: for the afternoon.
hope this weather moderates for everyone :tizzy:
Smile & the whole world smiles with you
Cry & you cry alone
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

How hot you have been Wendy. It is cooler here & we have had some rain although not as much as many places around here & in England. Storms were either side of us too so we were lucky. It became humid again last night & we thought there may be a storm but rained overnight so quite a bit cooler this morning. Hope it soon cools down for all of you in very hot climates. :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Been off camping in Cornwall, which explains the not too good weather there in the last week. Last Weds/Thurs last week we were at the Lizard, and we had fog and rain. Temps were quite reasonable. The family camping curse moderated the weather to the point we had rain every day. Brilliant.
When we visited the Levant mine on the tip of Cornwall, it was tipping down and the tour round the mine was threatened with being cut short (didn't happen and saw the steam engine steaming - for this mechanical engineer and descendant of Cornish miners it was quite a moment, the engine is wildly inefficient, but shows where much of modern engineering comes from).

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation