Mini Alice and Snow White - colour mistake

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lydiaturpin

Mini Alice and Snow White - colour mistake

Post by lydiaturpin »

Hi everyone, I am Lydia. I have been stitching since I was 15 but had quite a lengthy break (3 years), really want to get back into stitching now that I have freed up some of my time. I bought Mini Alice and Snow white many years ago, I want to start this as my partner is really impressed with it. I know a lady from USA stitched this back in 2012 (Megan???) and she mentioned that one of the chart symbol was incorrect - ie wrong DMC colour next to it. I've looked on the HAED website but cannot find a chart correction page. Does anybody know the chart corrections for this piece as I want to start ordering the threads this week.

Really looking forward to getting back into this amazing hobby, although I am a slow stitcher so don't expect miracles LOL

Thanks everyone

Lydia x
rcperryls

Re: Mini Alice and Snow White - colour mistake

Post by rcperryls »

Hi Lydia :wave: Welcome to the forum from South Carolina! This is the thread you are looking for. I didn't go through the whole thing, but did find the post (page 3 of the thread) where Megan commented that one of the symbols/colors wasn't correct and that she emailed Michele at HAED and got the correction. Didn't see where she said what it was. The design is still listed on the HAED site (mini Alice and Snow White and you can get a current copy of the floss usage chart. I would start by comparing your chart to the one currently listed. Or you could email or call HAED with your question. I am amazed that you would remember that. We haven't seen megan_bright for a while now.

Have you been one of our lurkers? If so, I am so glad that you have joined us and that you have returned to stitching. I hope that you will stay and show us your progress as you stitch this lovely and fun design. We've had several members stitch this and I always have enjoyed seeing the updates.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
lydiaturpin

Post by lydiaturpin »

Hi thank you for your reply and for your help. Yes I am planning on hanging around as really keen to get back into stitching now that I have decluttered my life a wee bit! It was always a hobby that I enjoyed so much and was great for de-stressing me but life and its challenges took over for a long time, but I'm taking back control LOL!

I'll definitely be posting lost and updating on progress. Currently need to sort out my WIP from 3 years back (I've an awful feeling I've lost a couple in a house move recently :cry: ). Current plan (assuming I find them all) is to keep one as a WIP and then add Alice and Snow White and L&L Celtic Christmas. I am moving in with my partner at somepoint this year and he really wants Celtic Christmas up on the wall for Christmas and he just loves Alice and Snow White (and who can blame him!). Ive ordered the fabric for it and will sort out what threads I need (I have loads so hoping I don't have to buy too many but luckily there's a company in the UK that is selling DMC for 70p each with a 50% off sale at the moment - BOOM BARGAIN!!

Lydia x
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Hi Lydia :wave:

I was doing the large version of Alice and Snow White until I had an ink spillage on it, and I had done 10 pages, I can tell you with confidence that I didn't have an issue with symbols or thread and I was working on it not long after Megan.
I hope this helps.
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Lydia and Welcome from me too. I hope you get the incorrect thread hiccup sorted and can get onto stitching that lovely design very quickly. Your needle is certainly going to be busy over the coming months that is for sure. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

lydiaturpin wrote: Really looking forward to getting back into this amazing hobby, although I am a slow stitcher so don't expect miracles LOL

Lydia x
I'm a slow stitcher, too. I'm looking forward to seeing your WIPs.

Oh, and hello Colorado.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Based on the fabric showing where she ripped out the wrong color I'd say it was the red band in Snow White's hair.
-Steve

Post by lydiaturpin »

Thanks guys for your replies. I emailed Michelle yesterday and bless her she replied almost immediately! She said she couldn't recall a colour correction (understandable it was 4 years ago and she'd done so many charts since), but I downloaded the floss chart from the website and Michelle very kindly sent me the chart again and I think I must have bought the chart after the colour correction was rectified as I have checked the floss chart she went with the one I had originally and they are the same. So I am good to get started. Can't wait.

Super excited to working on this amazing piece. Off out at lunchtime to buy a frame, need a few more DMC stitchbows and wallets and I reckon I'll be making a start on Saturday. I'll be sure to post my WIP pictures, although I suspect the first few will be just masses of black lol!! :lol:

:whoop:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am so glad to hear that you will be able to start this fun design. I am still amazed that you remembered not only that someone on the forum had stitched it and had found a color error, but that it was megan. I am looking forward to watching it being stitched again. And Celtic Christmas as well. Remember we love pictures!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
lydiaturpin

Post by lydiaturpin »

Haha yes I can remember that but can't remember what I had for tea yesterday!! I'm only 45 as well, the mind is a strange thing at times :D