Stitchy shops in Florida

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Nachstenliebe

Stitchy shops in Florida

Post by Nachstenliebe »

It just dawned on me that if I'm going to travel to a new area that there's a good potential for finding a stitchy shop! On Friday we'll be driving from Connecticut to West Palm Beach Florida. Roughly 27 driving hours. We usually drive straight through until We hit North Carolina and stop for the night.. Then continue on.. It's a looong two days of driving.

I found one in Palm Beach Gardens called Always in Stitches. And then when we visit my MIL The Black Sheep Shop in Orlando Florida. Has anyone been to either?
Faith
Carole

Re: Stitchy shops in Florida

Post by Carole »

I haven't been to either of those but I have been to Needle Craft World. It's on the 192 in Orlando and it's small but crammed full of lovely stash.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Thanks Carole! I can't believe I didn't think of this before! My MIL is big into crafts... but she took me to Walmart.. not really Cross-stitch material although back then 7 years ago it did have a small selection.. I knew there had to be cross stitch specialty shops! I'll have to see if I can get away with checking out that store as well :wink:
Faith
talenaya

Post by talenaya »

If you are taking I-95 all the way there's one right off the exit in Jacksonville called A Stitch In Time.
:kitty:Victoria :kitty:

:wip:
HEAD: Nala
lwelizabeth

Post by lwelizabeth »

Definitely check out Needle Craft World. Cathy, the owner, is lovely and I really need to stop in and see her soon. Don't know about anywhere else in FL though.

:dance:
Current Projects:Majestic Eagle
Finished: See Hear Speak Love, Pooh 123
Blog: Speakin Up Now

Wake up every morning with the thought that something wonderful is about to happen.
mechie

Post by mechie »

If you want to stop much sooner than Florida there's a shop not far off 95 just south of Baltimore. The Stitching Post Catonsville, MD

mechie
WIP:
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)