Typical!!!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

michwat

Typical!!!

Post by michwat »

Well after a week in a tent in North Yorkshire, in torrential rain with a toddler and a dog, and after arriving home a day early because we couldnt stand it anymore it is now sunny!!!! :( Typical!!!

What has everyone else been up to?!!
Angel

Re: Typical!!!

Post by Angel »

Haha typical weather. orry to hear it
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

Oh dear....not good :doh:

I bet your little one and the dog still enjoyed the experience regardless of the weather though eh?

As for me I was trudging around the dowload festival in about three inches of mud! Tell you what my legs have had a good old workout!
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
michwat

Post by michwat »

nachosmiley wrote:Oh dear....not good :doh:

I bet your little one and the dog still enjoyed the experience regardless of the weather though eh?

As for me I was trudging around the dowload festival in about three inches of mud! Tell you what my legs have had a good old workout!
Sounds nice!! Who needs a gym when the british weather keeps you fit!!

Yep Oliver and Chester both loved it! Once Id managed to wrestled Ollie into his waterproofs every day which he wasn't impressed with!! He still preferred being out in the rain to being cooped up!
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

Ditto!!! Except we had a holiday very similar to that three years ago. Hubby and me with a 3 year old and a 1 year old in a tent in rain-lashed Cornwall, constantly wet, can't get dry, can't cook on the mobile kitchen so had to eat out which cost a fortune and left for home a day (or two :oops: ) early. Nightmare!!!!! We then went out and bought a caravan which has been a Godsend. We were away this week and had a dry day to set up, then dryish for 2 days, then non stop rain for 2 days. Packing up day was fine and the awning was drying nicely until 10 minutes before I was due to take the awning down when the rain started!!! So still ended up having to take the awning home and draping it over the washing line to dry out!!!! Don't you love the British weather :lol:
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
mechie

Post by mechie »

Sounds like it was bad timing all around for camping trips on both sides of the pond. We had quite an adventure on ours too (I posted about it last week). At least your kiddo had fun. Hopefully, you'll get good sunny weather next time.

mechie
WIP:
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)