OT- Thank you to all for the encouragement.

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Cecilia

Re: OT- Thank you to all for the encouragement.

Post by Cecilia »

Your ordeal is nearly over. Hang in there. :)

5th October will soon be here. :dance:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:rainbow: :sun: :cloud9: How you must be feeling. I think you must have had a lovely stitchy day and you deserve it! And I don't blame you for not telling everything. She has been such a %*#$). Sounds like she isn't going to last long. Trying to figure out people like she is is a waste of time. The next two weeks will be so much easier for you now that you arent' going to feel trapped. Are you going to take any time between jobs? Good luck with the new job!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Lori0

Post by Lori0 »

Carole: Very true, the next two weeks will go with alot less stress and worry. Those days are over for her to belittle me. I have my spine back and I'm standing tall (I'm short anyway, she towers over me by a good foot). No I have will not be taking time between the two jobs. Because I'm excited and nervous at the same time (only because I am going out of my box of knowing the end and outs of the job) to get there and learn new things and get with people for encourage you and not beat you down. I have been in Jeans for 15 years and now have to dress professionally. So I'm off in a new look. Had hair styled differently too. So I'm just excited about it all. It's time to make the change. Will be able to take vacation days as soon as I feel comfortable in the position.
And I did have fun yesterday with the stitching. Only my niece showed up, so I had to put it away due to working on her Christmas present. But still felt good. ]
[/iLoriO]
WIP
Crawfish Boil- Leslie Wristers
Nighttmare Before Christmas-charted by me
As of 2/9/2014 MIA
Antique Shoe Collection= Bucilla. start 3/31/14 from stash
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

That must be such a sense of relief to have done the last major step towards leaving. Sounds like your current boss won't be lasting too long anyway (and that she's probably aware of that deep down too).

Not long to go now :dance:
WIP
Rose Window
SQ Sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte - pgs 1-3 complete
HAED Curl up with a Good Book
Around the World in 80 Stitches - pts 1-12 complete
Mabel's SOTW - Jan-June complete
HAED BB Sal
freelady

Post by freelady »

So very well done. Congratulations on such a great handling of this obnoxious person. And it will be easier to keep it sweet(er) for the rest of your time there knowing that the end is in sight. I'm so happy to see that you are looking forward in such a positive way. I'd love to see a photo with the new look. You are very strong indeed.
LittleMoo

Post by LittleMoo »

Sounds like a wonderful new start for you :dance: . I'm a strong believer in things happening for a reason and maybe this woman making your life hell was 'sent' to push you to take that step into something new.
WIP:-
Panda Collage
Mini HAED Faces of Faery 185 - Jasmine Becket-Griffith
HAED BB SAL 2013 Nostalgy
Mr Men Alphabet sampler
HAED Princess and the Pea - Jasmine Becket-Griffith
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

:dance: :dance: :dance: I'm glad things are going so well!
Faith
Lori0

Re: OT- Thank you to all for the encouragement. Update 10/14

Post by Lori0 »

It was been a week in the new job. And I already feel better. Less stress and the co workers are open and friendly. I am really happy I made the change. Hoping this week, I will learn more of what my responsiblies are. Spent most of last week setting up office, an internal audit and cleaning out papers that dated back 15 years, so the shed bin is overflowing. But all will be good when I can get everything into the computer instead of hard paper copies. My job title has already changed. Was Aministrator Assistance to Medical Records now it is Excusive Assist for Operations. Not sure what will come with that title, but do know it will now cover Housekeeping and Maintance departments. Not just Medical Records department. So I have jumped off into territory of the unknown but so looking forward to learning all there is.
By the way: My feet and legs are killing me. These low pump heels (1 1/2) after 15 years have really done in me. Hoping this next week will be alittle easier on the legs.
[/iLoriO]
WIP
Crawfish Boil- Leslie Wristers
Nighttmare Before Christmas-charted by me
As of 2/9/2014 MIA
Antique Shoe Collection= Bucilla. start 3/31/14 from stash
agi

Post by agi »

Lori, I have just read through this entire thread and I am so happy for you. You were brave to stand up for yourself, got a new job and will be doing absolutely well, I am sure. :hug:
Also, I know what you speak of when you say this forum helped a lot - I have been through some really hard time and wouldn't have coped without all my friends here.
So well done, Lori and well done CSF :D
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Oh, I am so happy for you. :D Your last post says it all. Sounds like you are going to have a lot to learn and that will make going to work fun and challenging. It also sounds like a pleasant place to work and maybe its just the way the job title sounds to me, but this wasn't just a job change it was a promotion. I am delighted for you. :thumbsup: :

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
SunnyDay

Post by SunnyDay »

I am so happy that things are looking up for you. Life is too short to be miserable in ANY aspect of it. We have to pay the bills and we alway strive to love what we do to because we spend so much time at work but the reality is we should "work to live, not live to work". We are so much more than our jobs and if your quality of life suffers from what you do, it is time to do something else. I am so glad that you recognized that and made such courageous steps to improve your situation. Now you will not walk around with a heavy weight on your shoulders, at work and at home, and you have the added bonus of growing, not dying, as you work. You will learn new and different things that you would not have working under "boss-zilla". I think it's good that you let her know how you felt and who she is as a boss. She should hear it and you deserve to be free once and for all of the negative emotions she has brought to your doorstep.

Best of wishes and congratulations. :) Sorry about the long post but I can't stand BULLIES!
Erika

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

WIP
HAED Mini The Forgotten
HAED Storykeep Oriental Courage

Waiting in the wings
HAED Celtic Sun
HAED Tree of Life-Parker
geekishly

Post by geekishly »

So glad to hear you are enjoying your new job!
- Brandi

WIPs
Joan Elliot's "Grace"
"Sephina's Secret" by Illustrated Ink
Small Projects - Belle & Boo girl w/dove

my blog
Rose

Post by Rose »

:thumbsup: Awesome
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Mystonique

Post by Mystonique »

Oh I'm so pleased. I was afraid to open the post lest it was bad news but I'm so thrilled it's great 8}
Myst..
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Yay! Hope things will continue on smoothly from here! :applesauce:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Fantastic! And heels can do that to a gal... you do get used to it, or so I'm told (don't want to say exactly how long it's been since I worked in an office rather than from home). I think you've learned the most valuable of lessons about yourself and your own capabilities. Congratulations, and all the best for the new job. :dance: :toast:
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

That's great news about the first week in the new job. Hope you continue to enjoy it and best of luck with the new challenges :applesauce: :shamrock:
WIP
Rose Window
SQ Sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte - pgs 1-3 complete
HAED Curl up with a Good Book
Around the World in 80 Stitches - pts 1-12 complete
Mabel's SOTW - Jan-June complete
HAED BB Sal
mags

Post by mags »

So pleased everything is looking up for you now :hug:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
freelady

Post by freelady »

I'm so pleased for you. You deserve this after all you have been through. I understand the feel/legs hurting but am willing to bet that you are walking taller in them and feeling good. Hope the job is all you want it to be. :dance: