OT- Thank you to all for the encouragement.

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Cecilia

Re: OT- Thank you to all for the encouragement.

Post by Cecilia »

I agree with Fizzbw - she sounds insecure to me. She's bullying you because she feels threatened by you because you've been there a while and have all the knowledge and she doesn't.

Good luck with your application. I hope it works out for you. :shamrock: :x: :x:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Lori0

Post by Lori0 »

Well I received the call today. The offer for the postion was made. I have an appointment tomorrow for the security background check and fingerprints. They say it usually takes 72 hrs for the security clearance in be complete. So with any luck, I should be able to give my two week notice on Monday 9/24. Oh how :D I will be to turn that in to my supervisor.
[/iLoriO]
WIP
Crawfish Boil- Leslie Wristers
Nighttmare Before Christmas-charted by me
As of 2/9/2014 MIA
Antique Shoe Collection= Bucilla. start 3/31/14 from stash
dwitt

Post by dwitt »

Congrats! :applesauce:
i know you will be one super happy person when you turn your notice in. Just dont laugh too hard when she asked you why you are leaving :lol:
Desiree Witt
It’s not not IF you will recover but WHEN you will.
You can NEVER have too many cross stitch patterns! :D
Lori0

Post by Lori0 »

LOL How did you get to know me so well. Not laughing will be just as hard for me as keeping my mouth shut. Have to keep a sweet smile on my face for two weeks at least. Thanks
[/iLoriO]
WIP
As of 2/9/2014 MIA
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Hurray. I can just picture you handing in your notice and endeavouring not to llok too delighted about it. Roll on the next 2 weeks. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
geekishly

Post by geekishly »

What great news. Best of luck with everything. :x:
- Brandi

WIPs
Joan Elliot's "Grace"
"Sephina's Secret" by Illustrated Ink
Small Projects - Belle & Boo girl w/dove

my blog
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good for you. I am so happy that you got the new job. The best part of turning your letter in will be if your supervisor is surprised, which would not surprise me. Also, the advantage of working for someone who is impossible, is that the odds are great that your new supervisor will never be as bad. And new opportunities will be there now. I left a job with a supervisor who thought he was making progress in training you if you left the workplace (a psych hospital no less) in tears. I went back to school, switched fields and never had another supervisor who I could not tolerate because I knew how bad it could be and it never got that bad again. It also relocated me and I met my husband at my new workplace, so sometimes when I look back I realize that much of what happened positively was because I made the decision to make the change. It will be better. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Lori0

Post by Lori0 »

Thanks Carole for even more encouraging thoughts. I was thinking, Did I make the right discussion on changing after 24 years. Now I can look at it in a positive way. Change my work life, become happier with my daily life, chances are good to change my personal life...... Thank you
[/iLoriO]
WIP
As of 2/9/2014 MIA
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Many congratulations for taking this courageous step -- it's hard to move outside the comfort zone, even when it's become very uncomfortable. :dance: :applesauce: :dance:

Once you are safely in the new job, is it possible for you to "share" this experience with your supervisor's line manager in a business-like way? I would guess that she will pick on someone else, once you are gone, and the company ought to be aware right from the start and perhaps be able to stop this pattern of behaviour in its tracks. Just a thought.
freelady

Post by freelady »

Well done on a brave move. I wonder if she was asked for a reference for you? She may be just as glad to see the back of you as you will be to be away from her. My suggestion would be to only give her as much information about how to do your job as you have to and let her find out the hard way how much you actually do. Unless you have to train your replacement.....it wouldn't be fair for them to be caught in the crossfire.

My hope is that you take her by surprise with your notice and can stay smiling until the last minute. Either way, you are the winner.

Best wishes going forward.
Pippa

Post by Pippa »

Good on you Lori O for being brave enough to make the move! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: I wish you the very best in your new job & I'm sure we're all itching to know the reaction when you tell her you're leaving. Just don't laugh too hard @rotfl: Again, good on you & don't ever let anyone treat you like that again. I learned that lesson from the way a relative treated me. Warmest regards, Pippa.
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

Many congratulations on the new job :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: I think we're only wishing that you could film your supervisor's reaction, but we'll settle for a detailed account :lol: Those two weeks will go really quickly and hope you enjoy the new position.
WIP
Rose Window
SQ Sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte - pgs 1-3 complete
HAED Curl up with a Good Book
Around the World in 80 Stitches - pts 1-12 complete
Mabel's SOTW - Jan-June complete
HAED BB Sal
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Well done, you must have really impressed to hire outside the company.
You did do the right thing, staying there would end up giving you ulcers, stress can cause a lot of problems and working with a Byach like that would not be a peasant way to live.
Linda
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

Many congratulations on the new job :dance: . This sounds like it's going to be a good move for you. :shamrock:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Lori0

Post by Lori0 »

Thank you everyone.
No she was not called to give a reference. I had them call her boss for the reference. And her boss (who is the one who hired me in 24 years ago) knows why I'm leaving. But I will be asking for a exit interview with Human Resources to explain my reasons for leaving..

I have written up a detail (step by step) of the responsibilities of my position and have it available in a public folder for the department. When I give the two week notice, she will not have time to get the position posted much less hire a replacement. And I really don't think she will take the time to sit down with me for training. So at least I can say I offered and gave her access to the details. I am thinking she will have a hard time at least for the first month. Balancing the financials for two mental health/substance Abuse hospitals by the first of every month might be a little tricky if you don't process everything correctly durning the month.

Will keep you posted on the reaction. Thank you again.
[/iLoriO]
WIP
As of 2/9/2014 MIA
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Sounds like you have all the bases covered, and are being responsible towards all. Exactly the sort of self-starting and thoughtful employee most companies would go a very long way to keep sweet.
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

:applesauce: Way to go! Your empowerment has certainly paid off!!!
Faith
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

What great news!! Well done!!!

I do pity your soon to be ex boss, hang on, no, I don't really, beautiful case of assisted karma here!!!

Niki x
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Yay! I'm so happy this worked out for you! That's wonderful! And yes, won't it be fun to see her face. :hug:!
Lori0

Re: OT- Thank you to all for the encouragement. Update

Post by Lori0 »

Well, the security clearance came in after hours on Thursday meaning I was able to turn in my notice Friday morning. That didn't go as smooth as I was hoping. It was a surprise to her (D my supervisor) but she handled until her first comment. I had presented the letter and told her my last day would be Oct 5th. Her reply "Oh, that is what we were working for......... I mean with the training of others... (Sorry to say it hurt my feelings for a few moments, then it just meant that my insecurities of her working against me were confirmed. Was thinking I was just being paranoid). She did not have to much to say and was out of my office within 3 minutes. Until later in the day, she came back into my office in all her sweet glory, wanting to talk about all that she needs to know. I kept my temper down and a smile in my voice, but I wasn't forthcoming with all the information as I should have been. (My spitefulness got the best of me). I did let her know what was pending on my desk and about the write up on the responsibilies and that was just about it. Along with the reason I started looking for another position, it include her telling me she didn't like, trust, believe me during a meeting, that it was not something a professional manager should ever say to a employee because it was real close to discrimination.
Received a call this morning from her boss P (the lady I said hired me 24 yrs ago) letting me know the she is running scared. And that is was so worried about who gave the employement reference for my new employer. Because she never received a call. Her boss told her, she also didn't get a professional call for a reference either, but she told her that K (new employer) has know about my history with the company for many years and maybe she went to the HR department for it. That it really didn't matter, I was offered the position and accepted, that she best know my job because the downfall will be on her. To include the financial department, CFO and the governing body.
After showering and staying in my PJ's stitching all day, I have come to the conclusion that I really don't have to accept any more from her for the two weeks. As long as I keep a smile in my voice, I can pretty much let her know how inappropriate she has been and that I will be hiding and watching in the back ground to watch her fail/fall.
[/iLoriO]
WIP
As of 2/9/2014 MIA